Discussion of "Help Us Get One Million Ears Savers to Essential Workers"

That was the first comment I got when I zapped a test run. Looking for something to form the clip over, it turns out that an empty metal gallon paint can is just about the right radius (as reported by users with some hair). A couple minutes with a heat gun per lot of 4 or 5.

I’m going to have to enlist some additional folks for weeding tho.

1 Like

I remove the masking before cutting and place a couple of sheets of normal copy paper on the honeycomb to soak up the flashback. No weeding.

3 Likes

Do you think you could help with an enquiry from Canada ? We can ship from UK, but items are taking in excess of 14 days to show in the US and Canada with our normal jewellery products. Not sure what postage costs are like from US to Canada so don’t want to be presumptuous .
We are awaiting new stocks of acrylic ourselves, the response in the UK has been truely unbelievable .

1 Like

Sure. But it may be similar here. I have something (materials) coming from Ontario and it was held at the border for 5 days so it’s gonna end up being about 10 days. :frowning: It’s worth trying though because maybe shipping to a healthcare facility won’t get held up. UPS is about 5 days max to most populated parts of Canada in terms of actual transit time on the trucks.

We have forum members in Canada; maybe @dan can hook you up with someone in-country who can help.

i can tell you that shipping a small box to canada was 3x as expensive as shipping to US locations. i sent a box to a friend in vancouver. i don’t know that i’d have done so if it wasn’t a friend, it’s far more expensive to ship than to buy materials and make.

@geek2nurse is right, there are canadian owners here on the forum, so hopefully one of them will chime in and help.

Will see if anybody can help in Canada over the weekend, if not we will send from UK, in for a penny in for pound as they say.

If no one can, then I’m still on for helping them out since I’m probably 3 or 4 days earlier to delivery than you are even in the worst case of a border holdup.

you might want to make a separate post in everything else with this in the subject line. it’s possible people will miss the message here.

Ok, let’s see what happens over the weekend . We could send Wednesday next week when material is replenished but if you could send and save a bit of time that would be great. (100)

Yes, was just thinking that myself .

Apparently, ice cream-making is an essential business. :slight_smile: The Texans among us should be happy to know that Bluebell Creameries employees will now be sporting Glowforge-designed ear savers!

5 Likes

I have a couple of hundred 1/8" clear acrylic ones and another 100 or so of 0.060 clear PETG already cut. Let me know if you want me to send them and where. I’m near a USPS air hub so they’re even open tomorrow - I can check to see what they’d suggest is a likely delivery timeframe. Might be faster than UPS.

I use 2 layers of newspaper under all my acrylic.

3 Likes

I really wish they would have supplied an SVG version. My pieces of acrylic are not 12x20 and I can’t mod the PDF.

1 Like

What size do you need?

8"x18" would be wonderful please and TY!

Not to be a pest, but would you share your cut setting for .06 PETG? I am expecting some next week and would like to hit the ground running.

1 Like

Here’s one that someone converted to svg:

1 Like

I just tried ZLazr.com for acrylic sheets. They have 12x20 sheets in all colors available. I ordered 20 sheets and got them in 4 days. Planning on cutting today.

2 Likes