Discussion of "Help Us Get One Million Ears Savers to Essential Workers"

The biggest complaint I’ve heard from nursing about the PPE shortage, is they can’t wear the gowns to keep warm like they normally do…

Day shifters? On nocs we went straight for the warm blankets!

They have to get up too much on nights to not be able to walk around with the “warmth”…

dose anyone have full sheet SVG of just the outline to cut without the text or scoring… I can’t get inkscape to separate and its making me crazy…

Stacey is is so nice to hear of a discount on acrylic AFTER I have ordered a large lot and paid full price. It will all be used for Ear savers. There needs to be better communication on stuff like this especially since I am retired and on a fixed income with very little extra money to do this.

1 Like

Here you go.

GF Ear Savers.pdf (64.3 KB)

1 Like

you can also just go straight to the glowforge app, skipping inkscape. Once in glowforge you can set the text and scoring to ignore

1 Like

Mine was not giving me the option to ignore the text… but I did just manage to solve it in inkscape
tnx so much for you response …

I found some on ebay, shipped fairly quick but it can get pricey. can’t find it local here in DC at any hobby stores, they were all sold out last week.

Hi everyone, as many of you have said, finding the acrylic (and not getting price gouged) is tough. I just got matched and also shared on FB, but I only have capacity for 300 ear savers at the moment. I want to pour my own acrylic and I normally use Allumilite Epoxy resin for pen blanks. Does anyone know if Allumilite or other epoxy resins can be used for this without burning or melting?

Contact local sign companies. Many of them will sell it and you can sometimes get them to cut the large sheets down for you.

1 Like

That’s cool. Would mind sharing your file? I’d like to try those.

We Made a video showing how easy it is to bend them.

4 Likes

Has anyone found that the organization you are paired up with doesn’t respond when you reach out to tell them you have the ear savers they requested?

1 Like

I’ve had one of each. First one, no communications at all. I do know their package was picked up via USPS tracking. the other I had great conversations with.

We stole the bending video. Way easier to explain with that.

1 Like

Designcraft sent out another 10,000 today; all for Glowforge matches.
Brings our total to 27,000. We’re working our way through the last of our material on hand. We’ve ordered enough new material to commit to 30,000+ more, arriving Friday.

13 Likes

All yours

1 Like

I also ordered some of the .030 from BF Plastics. I am new to this. What settings are you using to cut out the ear savers? Thanks!

My first one I mailed priority mail and emailed them to let them know, no reply and it’s been a week. The second one was great. The third requested custom engraving (which I did) and no response at all.

I gave a bunch to a local rescue squad and they were very appreciative. Moving forward I’m going to just make them for fire and rescue houses in my county.

2 Likes