Discussion of "Help Us Get One Million Ears Savers to Essential Workers"

For .030 I’m using 1000/full/225 lines to engrave and 300/full to cut with GF Pro.

oceanwoodcreation
I used 230/80 and it was perfect

1 Like

First match had great communication. Second match was in a different state, asked for an image to be engraved (I did not check the personalization box as I worry a bit about bacteria in crevices), and I reached out but have not heard back. I offered to ship if they pay shipping costs, so I kinda need to hear from them to ship any out. In the meantime, I’m donating plenty to local places!

sorry ment to post this Sunday…
simple finger saver… I did them in thick acrylic and they are amazing… but to save $$$… i did them in MDF… perfect cheap alternative …
enjoy …mark

SVG. Fingersaver…

3 Likes

Wow! Nice work! Our glowforge has 11,520 made and donated. Well done.

2 Likes

Can someone please help me find the discount code? I searched and cannot find the FAQ page.
Either way just ordered $80 worth of materials :slight_smile:

It’s in the Maker FAQ:

1 Like

I wanted to thank you for this design.

My wife claims this is much more comfortable for her than the other GF ear saver version. I will note I did modify this slightly by making several versions with various scaling for length from 100 to 150% for her to try (110% was the favorite but she has a big head :rofl:).

1 Like

When did the the “I’ll pay for shipping” option get removed from the form?

Apparently there’s a new thread entitled 800,000 ear savers in.
Explains why this one went dark.

Its finally back now

Had a random email come through asking about a match. But he wasn’t on our list at all. Found out an hour ago we had some matches get stuck in the spam folders. Not sure why some did but others did not. Issue now corrected, but we had 20,000 in back order (we only knew about 3500). Got 10,000 sent out today. Hoping to have the other 10,000 out no later than Monday.

CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDERS if you think you’re not getting matches.

4 Likes

Oh, that is great news! Good to hear that she likes them! :smiley: the size is probably right, as they might be a bit small.

1 Like

You guys are rockin it! Thank you!!

I know you mentioned an alcohol soak for the backing. I have some with the thin film and found dish soap and water works too. Just pushed right off. I’ll have to do some better testing though as I forgot I had a few soaking, so I don’t know exactly how long it takes :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing. Hopefully it helps somebody. The weeding can be worst/most time consuming part when trying to do it by hand.

We’ve tried a few things. We’re also seeing a different result on our second batch of material which has a different backing. So far the alcohol has been the best result on both, but we did see differences. The ISO is also more expensive and harder to find right now due to demand. We normally stock it and we saw it triple in price over the course of 1 week (end of April) from our suppliers.

We just ordered a third batch of material (Upping our commitment to 100,000+ pcs total) which may give us different results as well.

1 Like

I don’t have a big production of ear savers, I’m trying to do my part to help. This weekend I received a return package from the post office for unclaimed ear protectors. I sent them to a local hospital per the instructions in the email. Oh well, I guess I’ll just continue giving them to local Fire and EMS Houses.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

No, all of mine have been delivered as far as I know. I have been emailing to verify address and ask if it is their home or work to make sure they don’t get lost in hospital receiving. Most all of them have used their home addresses.

1 Like

We’ve made 41 deliveries using UPS Ground and have not experienced a problem yet. I do check every address on Goolge Maps first and email for confirmation. Sometimes we get confirmation and sometimes we ship anyway. All have been delivered.

We are taking advantage of our corporate UPS account which provides discounted rates and we have a scheduled daily pickup.

4 Likes

Hi Bailey,
I signed up, maybe incorrectly, to make the ear savers. I did not get any requests. However, I did go on our neighborhood facebook page, and offered them to medical or any critical employees. I did donate over 1,600 ear savers, and I thought that you might be able to add total this to your list of ear savers made by the Glowforge Community.