Discussion of June '17 update

Aw shucks! I thought the email was my production shipment notification! the excitement is real.

Quick question, @dan when you mentioned
"and, I’m so frustrated to say, some of you will receive yours up to three months later."

Are you referring that 3 month delay to the 30-day crowdfunding people? Or is your schedule for the 30-day people still on track for shipment by the end of this month (includ. International peeps)?

Overall, that email from you about this update really put a smile to the day! :smiley: can’t imagine how to react when the shipping email gets to me haha…

5 Likes

Was so excited at first thought it was my shipping notice then followed by the gut wrenching sickness as I read in excitement the word delayed followed by another question in hopes that its not as bad as another 3 months, I didn’t get to read over all of the forms and everything today but if someone could answer me this. Is there still a chance to get my basic still before the end of august since I didn’t get the pro or a filter faster than another three months tacked on or is this an all around delay again? My hopes is the delay is just due to the pros and filters but not sure… once again I didn’t read all of the forms today just was hoping for a quick answer if I could so don’t be mad at me. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Agree 110%

Can I “like” this a bunch more?

7 Likes

Yes.

12 Likes

You and me both. :wink:

20 Likes

Yes. I’m talking about Pro hardware and the latest software, neither of which are now shipping.

2 Likes

The shipping schedule has just been pushed out by a few months. There’s no way to know where any one individual will fall in it, unfortunately.

If you ordered early during the initial crowdfunding campaign, I’d guess there’s still a pretty good chance you could get it before the end of august. If you ordered after the crowdfunding, you’re probably looking at something in September or October.

That’s just a feeling, so take it with a grain of salt. No one knows.

3 Likes

I would not have ordered either and I suspect they would have gotten very few pre-orders based on the eventual schedule. I was expecting some delay from the originally promised schedule based on years of developing new products, but not this much of a delay. So it’s not a fun feeling. On the other hand, I’m still glad I did place my order. So basically, I’m stuck in cognitive dissonance land.

12 Likes

thank you

1 Like

We’ll give you the choice of receiving yours without the air filter or not… I bet I can get you a better answer if you email support@glowforge.com who has your order details, though.

4 Likes

Yes - we’re moving as fast as we can, but we won’t be able to finish on time. We’ll get every customer their Glowforge ASAP, but early orders will (all things being equal) get them sooner than later ones.

4 Likes

Who remembers that “FIrst units shipping December 2015!” - with a bit of luck all will have shipped BEFORE December 2017!

8 Likes

Perhaps you read my original post too quickly. In your announcement (below), you claimed that we can manually align on machines that don’t have this yet-to-be-released software. We can’t. That statement should not have been in the announcement.

1 Like

And in the neighborhood of 9367 others I’m sure. :smile:

10 Likes

In light of yet another delay it’s painfully clear that that schedule was never even close to possible. Just plain dishonest.

5 Likes

Both “all units ship by” dates (30-day campaign and after) changed.

1 Like

Hofstadter’s Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter’s Law.

29 Likes

@dan I have been quiet since backing in the first month believing in the product, quality of what GF is making, appreciating the compensation for delays and also very frustrated by them.

Prior to today I believed delivery would and should be done based on when the order was placed. If the teams are as good as you say, the quantity of high quality GF’s produced per day is well known, your note implies a lot of effort to understand what it takes to deliver it has been done, I believe everything you need to give us a reasonable expectation within a week or two is available! (overseas delays which cannot be helped excluded of course)

My time waiting is worth some clarity on delivery now that you are so close.

Can you help me understand why it is not that simple given the data you have?

Thank you

3 Likes