Discussion of June '17 update

Seriously!!! The photo’s from an email…

7 Likes

I know – I really liked the first version when I saw it – but this one, WOW!!! :fireworks:

6 Likes

Being a late (pre order) pro buyer, I can’t say I’m overly happy about the delay, but being so close I’m pretty much stuck with waiting.

The black crumb tray looks awesome. Is it still steel and magnetic?
Also super happy about the engrave upgrade.

4 Likes

Yes but the forum version could be higher res.

Can’t wait for the day that all of these units have shipped. (Pro, Basic & Filters) so we can all move past this.

30 Likes

I suppose that could be true if you define “older hardware and software” as being the production units that are now shipping! :laughing:

1 Like

This is obviously the best update we have had in a while and I do agree that the details have been great especially seeing that there is progress being made on the Pro and the extras in terms of performance that we will be getting. @dan Thanks for all the hard work you guys have put out and really excited to get my email soon.

5 Likes

I have purchased (8) Basic + Air filter. Yes, that’s 8 of these. Will the Glowforge ship without the air filter? Since it appears they are behind schedule and the air filters don’t ship until September 30th or later. This is for an educational program, and it is crucial they are received prior to September 11, 2017.Will we get them, or do I have to go purchase alternate machines?

4 Likes

/sigh

Can’t say I’m happy about this update. I’ve avoided ranting on all the other delay announcements even though I felt their impact severely, but now, with some folks getting their units ahead of schedule, and others being told there’s a delay, I can’t help it. It’s a really bitter pill to swallow.

I had big plans for the :glowforge: summer of 2016 and told everyone I was getting the laser. When that passed by I had to eat a lot of crow, but I told people that “eventually” I’d have something.

Then, when the Dec. 2016 date was announced, I told my (then fiance) that I’d have it early enough to make the invitations, favors, etc. for our wedding. When that delay was announced, I had to bite the bullet and buy a silhouette cutter for the invitations and such. Sadly the only things I could make for the wedding involved printed and cut paper items. I’d signed up for beta, so I kept hoping I might get lucky.

Then, as the July 31st date was announced, and PRUs we’re rolling out, and then finally some production units, I felt that maybe the July 31st date was good. I’d been hoping so, since I’m supposed to have a vendor table at an event in august. Now it seems like that is bust too. :rage: My (now wife) is completely sick of hearing “When I have my laser cutter…”

I’m really annoyed, and sick and tired of telling all my friends and family that no, it’s been delayed again, I don’t know when I’ll be able to do the tings I’ve promised. I’ve been called an idiot by friends for having money tied up in this thing for so long and after so many delays. I (like many here) have had losses in business due to the delays.

I know everyone here has their own similar goals and plans that have been delayed, pushed back, or even cancelled because of this.

I still have some hope as I’m US based and a basic buyer, so I should be grateful that some units are shipping. But still, having to tell people (yet again) that no, things I promised won’t be ready until possibly late this year or next is getting really old. I’m not cancelling, I’m just annoyed (as I assume everyone who doesn’t have a unit and doesn’t know when theirs is coming is).

/end of rant

I’m sorry for the pro buyers and especially the international folks who know they definitely have to wait longer.

24 Likes

You mean this?

[quote=“from update”]
Shipping and Manufacturing Details
We get a lot of questions about your place in line. All things being equal, we determine our shipments based on order date. If you’re one of the 70% of Glowforge customers who ordered an Air Filter, when your printer is ready to ship, we’ll give you the choice of receiving your Glowforge as soon as possible, or having us hold your shipment until your Air Filter is ready. (More Air Filter details below.)[/quote]

5 Likes

Aw shucks! I thought the email was my production shipment notification! the excitement is real.

Quick question, @dan when you mentioned
"and, I’m so frustrated to say, some of you will receive yours up to three months later."

Are you referring that 3 month delay to the 30-day crowdfunding people? Or is your schedule for the 30-day people still on track for shipment by the end of this month (includ. International peeps)?

Overall, that email from you about this update really put a smile to the day! :smiley: can’t imagine how to react when the shipping email gets to me haha…

5 Likes

Was so excited at first thought it was my shipping notice then followed by the gut wrenching sickness as I read in excitement the word delayed followed by another question in hopes that its not as bad as another 3 months, I didn’t get to read over all of the forms and everything today but if someone could answer me this. Is there still a chance to get my basic still before the end of august since I didn’t get the pro or a filter faster than another three months tacked on or is this an all around delay again? My hopes is the delay is just due to the pros and filters but not sure… once again I didn’t read all of the forms today just was hoping for a quick answer if I could so don’t be mad at me. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Agree 110%

Can I “like” this a bunch more?

7 Likes

Yes.

12 Likes

You and me both. :wink:

20 Likes

Yes. I’m talking about Pro hardware and the latest software, neither of which are now shipping.

2 Likes

The shipping schedule has just been pushed out by a few months. There’s no way to know where any one individual will fall in it, unfortunately.

If you ordered early during the initial crowdfunding campaign, I’d guess there’s still a pretty good chance you could get it before the end of august. If you ordered after the crowdfunding, you’re probably looking at something in September or October.

That’s just a feeling, so take it with a grain of salt. No one knows.

3 Likes

I would not have ordered either and I suspect they would have gotten very few pre-orders based on the eventual schedule. I was expecting some delay from the originally promised schedule based on years of developing new products, but not this much of a delay. So it’s not a fun feeling. On the other hand, I’m still glad I did place my order. So basically, I’m stuck in cognitive dissonance land.

12 Likes