Discussion of June '17 update

I would send Support an email and update it now (as @Dan said was an option) because it will put you in the US pile which may ship before they look at the Canada pile. You may get unnecessarily delayed if you wait until you get the email to move into the correct delivery country pile.

1 Like

The machine is the Glowforge. While the filter comes bundled with the Pro, it is a separate device. If nothing else, this is demonstrated by 2 facts.

1. You can get the filter for the Basic.
  2. The Pro operates without it.

The additional money for the delay has always been disclosed as running specifically until your Glowforge is ready to ship. Might it be nice if that measured to the receipt of the last box, not just the shipping of the Glowforge? Yes. That isn’t the commitment that was made, though. The commitment that was made was until your Glowforge is ready to ship, whether you accept it then or not. Bear in mind that Glowforge never needed to offer any compensation for the delays as far as a business agreement with the buyers. They did that as an extra.

6 Likes

That’s my exact concern. I ordered October 2nd 2015 and I already see people who have ordered after me receive their shipping notification.

4 Likes

I have been waiting and waiting ever since this product first launched and backed you. I, like many on here, chose to remain quiet to give you guys room to work. But now, after reading a lot of the comments from the forum, it is giving me a feeling that you do not care about your customer, especially international customers.

You are now telling me because I am not in the States, I have to wait the longest even though I have backed you since 2015! You are saying that someone who ordered in 2016 is now using the machine while I am still waiting and being upset by your news?

I have seen a few of the replies that say we could simply get a refund.

My feeling towards that comment is that you know you are now funded and now that the product is almost done, you don’t care about the customers that pre ordered anymore, because there would be plenty of people out there wanting your unit anyway. This is not a good feeling.(I am not sure if anyone else agrees with me on that too.

We, as customers, have put faith in your company to provide us with the best possible product that you could make in the timeframe that you promised. (which was 2 months 2 year ago)

We have been very loyal for 2 years now.

We are there to financially backed you up as you start.

We have been telling our love ones about you.

We have been taking heat for you from our love ones

You have even asked us to refer your machine to anyone that are close to us!

But you have disappointed us yet again.

Your ‘compensation’ means nothing. It feels like a sample pack from any printer that is showing us how good ‘proof grade’ material is. It feels to me like it is more of a marketing tool than a compensation.

This is not how we would like to be treated.

We just want to know when we will actually get the unit. Not a time frame of 5 months but WHEN exactly. A quick run of your database of the number of orders matched with the number of production per week should give us a pretty good idea of of when each batch could be shipped out.

We just want to be treated fairly.

6 Likes

I feel you big time, I think our family really needs this machine for my business but I am letting down my son for wanting to stick it out … If my husband doesn’t demand I get a refund I am going to have a crying teen on my hands. I am seriously having an anxiety attack just thinking of telling him he can’t go to the one place he feels normal and their are other kids like him once a year, but with that being said our family needs this for a source of extra income, I feel sooooo guilty for wanting to stick it out. I didn’t complain with any of the other delays but this one stings.

2 Likes

Blurgh. I still want one,

But kind of wish I didn’t.

Better be awesome.

6 Likes

It is. Not sure if that helps but it really is a pretty damned awesome piece of hardware & software. I use 2 others (a cheap Chinese 40W and a 60W Redsail) and I haven’t turned one on at all since I got the Pre-release unit to test a couple months back and only used the other one once. That says an awful lot about how good the GF is.

Not a single Pre-release or Beta user has decided it wasn’t worth the wait after getting a machine to work with.

25 Likes

Thanks. Your comment was exactly what I needed to read. Thanks for putting a smile on my face. You’re a good egg.

8 Likes

You can also click on your Email when you go to https://glowforge.com/. You will see it on the top right hand side in black. After you click it on the left side you will see something that says purchase history, the purchase date will be on the far left along with other order details. I hope that helps!

You should email support and tell them your country. That will get you set right for shipping order.

Note that ~70 of them are staff.

14 Likes

I could not resist.

16 Likes

Doesn’t sound like the Pro is ready either. Let me clarify what I believe I read, I believe the Pro unit is functional. Functional being the key word. I guess you could put anything in a box and call it ready.

I would have to disagree with it being a full featured production unit at this point. Sure, it is capable of being upgraded to accommodate a feature that is not functioning now. That too can be delayed, right?

Maybe when “capable of” reaches “the ability to” then this should be considered “ready.” Quite ambiguous actually… Glowforge was at a stage where they were “ready” to ship, or the Glowforge is capable of everything we said it could be “ready.”

[quote=“jason.fuller0, post:193, topic:8394”]
Glowforge never needed to offer any compensation for the delays as far as a business agreement with the buyers. They did that as an extra.
[/quote] Fact is, they did. And, they listed what the terms were.

1 Like

You can’t or couldn’t. I meant during, good catch! Sorry for the brain fart. I replied to myself instead of you the first time I posted… another brain fart! Is it bed time yet? ugh

3 Likes

That’s a great plan, like so many of your plans. I don’t trust them any more, regardless of how wonderful they sound. We’ve been led on for too long and I’d like proof that I’ll be able to use this device even if your company fails (which seems unfortunately likely given the track record for deliverables) before accepting ownership of something you only stand behind for 6 months.

1 Like

To be honest everyone is very excited about the news and all, but read it carefully they are AGAIN kindly covering their back saying that some people will have to wait until december… YET AGAIN… no one knows their place in the line, no one knows when they will be getting willy wonkas golden ticket. in december they sweared ALL of them would be shipped in july… and now it turns out you might not be one of those lucky ones ( even if you bought it like me in pre-release, but since im an intl. costumer i might just as well get my stuff probably in 2019 by the stage this is going)… I seriously need a clearer answer… not just again glowforge tricking us…

5 Likes

In a long email I received about 6 months ago I think they did state since orders were delayed again they would add on another 6 months to the warranty, however I am not sure if it’s legally binding… They have the same dates you posted here still https://glowforge.com/faq/warranty-repairs-and-support. There is nothing updated saying those who purchased during the campaign before October 25th 2015 will have an additional 6 months added to their warranty.

I think we all can completely understand and share your grievances. The possibility that some people will need to wait even longer really stinks.

With that said, though, the fact that they have already sent out some production units and that those people are very pleased with their devices is huge! At least at this point it’s a comfortable ‘When’ and no longer an ‘If.’

6 Likes

Very well said. I’ve been following this whole process for many many months and only just little less than a week ago did I decide to bite the bullet and “Pre-Order/Order” a Glowforge. I have been watching all of the delays that have happened so far and I still am very interested and willing to stick around of the outcome that I know will be amazing! Like my dad always said to me when I was little, “good things happen to people who wait patiently”. :slight_smile::glowforge:

5 Likes

I’m afraid I don’t have anything else to offer, then, but we can process a speedy refund for you.

I apologize if it was unclear, but everyone who has purchased to date has at least 12 months of warranty coverage.

4 Likes