Discussion of June '17 update

True story. It’s not the end of the world and in the end… this machine for a grand is a steal, so it’s all relative.

4 Likes

That’s actually a pretty good idea… Hmmm… Maybe not even a bank loan just savings and get paid back… my referrals are solid, and I’m not even really sure we need the PRO but the fear of missing out is real lol

1 Like

Actually, I believe if you got your email in June about you GF being ready to ship, and December was when it was supposed to ship, $140 should be correct - at least according to the email I received on December 2nd.

“Finally, you’ve waited a long time for your Glowforge, and we told you it was going to arrive in March. Since it won’t, we’re going to issue you a gift certificate good for either Proofgrade materials or designs in the store. The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait, so if your Glowforge is ready in June, it’ll be a $80 gift certificate. If you have to wait longer, it’ll be even bigger.”

So according to my email, March and June would be included. Stands to reason that December would be included along with whatever month it’s ready in.

Sonic screw driver enhanced version.

2 Likes

@dan has recently answered this as Dec 31 and Mar 31 respectively.

Here is Dan’s response to my query.

I guess you could convince me June might be included but not December. If it was delivered on Jan 2nd you wouldn’t get $40 for missing the date by 2 days. Clarification is needed.

I think that @dan should make a separate post in the announcements. I went back to the December shipping post update in the form. This is what is posted in that message:
“Finally, you’ve waited a long time for your Glowforge, and we told you it was going to arrive on schedule. Since it won’t, we’re going to issue you a gift certificate good for either Proofgrade materials or designs in the store. The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait past your scheduled delivery of either December or March.”

So that is in line with the answer to your query, but it conflicts with the email the was sent out to my email. If you still have your email from December I’d be interested as to how yours is worded. I suspect that 2 versions went out to email accounts - one for the intial 30 day buyers and one for pre-order buyers.

I’d also like to thanks all the beta and PRU members for helping and sharing so much information. It’s been both educational and exciting to watch all the neat stuff coming out of everyone’s forges.

Can’t wait to get mine. :grinning:

6 Likes

I can’t seem to find the email which is strange because I rarely delete anything. So can’t compare the wording.

The usual process is to interleave changes for a while until the line feels comfortable with them and then switch over. I don’t know the details of this change.

3 Likes

There are a bunch of common international hurdles we have to clear, like updating the shipping acceptance flow form to allow for non-US deliveries (which means creating a bunch of special case logic). Once a country is shipping, you’ll hear about it in the forum.

5 Likes

Wow some of the comments that have appeared here since I last checked are insane. Yall are so lucky Dan is running this company, if it were me, I would refund your money and tell you to take all your negative insanity elsewhere. Demanding finances? screaming about it still being a scam with units being delivered every day?

Sometimes you’ve got to fire your clients.

33 Likes

Here’s the verbage from the email I received on 12/2 for comparison:

“Finally, you’ve waited a long time for your Glowforge, and we told you it was going to arrive in December. Since it won’t, we’re going to issue you a gift certificate good for either Proofgrade materials or designs in the store. The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait, so if your Glowforge is ready in April, it’ll be a $80 gift certificate. If you have to wait longer, it’ll be even bigger.”

Bummer. Would have been interesting. For me, I’m not worried one way or another since they didn’t have to do it at all. It’s a nice gesture though.

2 Likes

So that supports December and March not being included. I’ll chalk my version up to a typo that wasn’t caught when it was prepared. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

All of my likes.

6 Likes

I agree. I have had to do that myself. It was a hard decision but sometimes an unhappy non-customer is better than an unhappy customer.

I’ve been surprised @dan hasn’t been pushed to that.

5 Likes

@dan apparently has the patience and temperament of a saint.

8 Likes

I have yet to have to but I decided that I would if the need arises before I ever sold my first. This takes a lot of pressure off to know that I can and would.

3 Likes

Sometimes customer/seller don’t belong together any more than some married partners :slightly_smiling_face: And I find it loathsome to be the cause of someone’s ongoing unhappiness.

6 Likes