Discussion of June '17 update

I thought of this conversation immediately when I saw this. This makes so much more sense lol Now I fit. :slight_smile: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4630930/Xennials-new-generation-born-1977-1983.html

2 Likes

A buddy of mine does a type of package testing using these massive vibration tables. He gets the harmonics going in such a way that things really fall apart in ways totally unexpected, at least to me. I hope to see a video of one of those tests in action. I am guessing that they are usually not too exciting until you see how much the thing costs before it was damaged beyond repair. If he does have a good a example, I will see if he can share it publicly.

4 Likes

@dan the email used in my account details at Glowforge will be the one receiving the hello@glowforge.com?

Correct.

I still haven’t received my shipping email, are we still on track for July? <ed: email removed for privacy>

There has been a shift in the schedule again. If you missed the June email that went out announcing it, you can read about it here:

1 Like

so it will arrive between now and Oct?

October 31: All Basic and Pro orders placed by 10/26/2015 shipped.
November 30: All Basic and Pro orders shipped.

That’s the plan, but you are aware that the schedule has shifted a number of times since the pre-order campaign started. The good news is that Basic units are finally going out the door with the imminent shipments of early Pro units.

3 Likes

Trying not to be a Debbie downer, but a 4 month window after a 2 year wait is not optimal. Especially considering that I bought the Pro version.

2 Likes

I hear ya, but hopefully today we will see the first Pro emails go out!

Ramp up is supposed to be faster for Pro’s too.

1 Like

Agree, the waiting can drive you crazy, and they have been unfortunately optimistic about their scheduling so far.

Hang in there…they are gonna be worth it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Doubt it. (Just being realistic.) I live by the “expect things to go wrong and you won’t be surprised” school of thought. :smile:

7 Likes

I practice this in many aspects of my life but I need to stay positive about something or I’ll just become that angry old veteran that is jaded at life and hates everyone. (not to far from it really)

I’m only 30 BTW

6 Likes

Chuckle! :relaxed: Age has nothing to do with being jaded…I think I hit total jaded at about age 8 when it dawned on me that other people didn’t or couldn’t see things the same way I did. (Even my parents.) So I decided, what the heck - might as well be happy about it. It’s the only life we know for sure we get, and I’d rather not waste emotions and energy on trivia I can’t control.

Must admit though - the puberty years were a bit of a challenge to stay upbeat. (Hormones can really do a number on you. Kind of glad I’m not a guy…testosterone is a real booger-bear.) :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

I’m glad you’re here.

2 Likes

Me too! (It was close a couple of times, but I got lucky!) Hormones! :smile:

2 Likes

Doing first day orders for basic and the first Pro shipping request came out today. Did you order early or later in in the first month or later on?

1 Like

According to this post, I should have received an email by now; however the only emails I get are the forum summaries.

1 Like

You can read the email here:

Make sure you have added the addresses below to your whitelist.

hello@glowforge.com
support@glowforge.com
danshapiro@glowforge.com (He sends the emails with the status updates.)

I just ensured that those three email addresses are on my approved / preferred list with my provider.

Could I get this email resent from one of the noted email addresses, so I can confirm that I have things working please.

Well, if @dan sees it, he might resend it to you, but he’s really pretty busy these days, and he might not see it.

Your best bet is to send an email to support@glowforge.com asking them to respond so that you can see that it worked.

But if you whitelisted those, it should be fine. (I’ll tag @Rita as well so she can see what you are wanting to do if she’s checking the forum.)

1 Like