Discussion of June '17 update

Thanks @Dan for the detailed update. Lot of interesting information in there to keep us going until we get our own units!

That upgraded 3D Engrave looks really, really good! I’d love to see a lot more examples of that in the July update. :slight_smile: (And hopefully some examples of double-sided cutting and pass-through alignment as soon as you guys have an early version of those features in testing.)

7 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly the impression I’ve had as a lurker and something that’s concerned me w/ regards to my lack of posting.

Sept 24th 2015

2 Likes

The important question remains unanswered: when will we be able to buy Glowforge t-shirts or other swag? :wink:

18 Likes

There’s something approximating that here:

It’s not an official source, but does give some idea of where they are up to (as long as people actually update their info)

5 Likes

Will put that in the feature request hopper!

15 Likes

wow, amazing to see late october units already shipping…

:unamused:

1 Like

A very quick reply on what I assume is an extra busy day for you! I’d be less than honest if I said June or October is all the same to me, but…I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t support you all still.

I can’t wait! But I can wait :wink:

9 Likes

Awesome thanks!

While waiting I’m still available to test a pro pre-production unit. :wink:

10 Likes

Another delay… Seems the only people that know all these timelines are bogus are the customers themselves. Wish it were honest from the start. I would have never ordered one with a schedule like this.

6 Likes

OH
MY
GOD

I cant even say how excited this makes me!!! This looks incredible!

44 Likes

As if I’d miss a glowforge update!

Also… addicted to instagram

@chelseamakes

Good job Bailey!

5 Likes

A bigger picture would have been nice. It looks like the detail is lost in JPEG compression artefacts.

Right??! I was skeptical that they looked different until we looked at them side by side and then…uhhhh YEAH.

16 Likes

…but its a page turner!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

That does look incredible. I wonder if this update is included for the units going out now.

4 Likes

Seriously!!! The photo’s from an email…

7 Likes

I know – I really liked the first version when I saw it – but this one, WOW!!! :fireworks:

6 Likes