Discussion of June '17 update

Thanks! That made me laugh.

4 Likes

Check the newsletter :relaxed: ā€“ it does advise that the filter will not hold up shipping of your GFā€¦

3 Likes

Jet Black Crumb Tray - awesome.
Oh, call me fickle.

4 Likes

Hi Dan! Oh sorry, I do see the answer to this hereā€¦ no reply needed. I ordered the Basic with the Air Filter (the middle unit). To clarify: do you mean you will ship the laser unit first (so Iā€™ll have the basic unit first sometime after June 30), then later the air filter itself, or will both parts arrive together around the end of September or October? Thanks! Debbie

1 Like

Thanks, Dan. This is the level of detail Iā€™ve been hoping for. I ordered my Pro pretty early on, so Iā€™ve got my fingers crossed that Iā€™ll be seeing that e-mail sooner rather than later. (It would be a great present for my birthday on July 14thā€¦ just sayinā€™)

Itā€™s been a long journey and I can empathize with the mixed feelings at the end. I love the feeling of finally being able to tell people ā€œitā€™s ready, come and get itā€, but 95% of the time that joy is tempered by having postponed features and missed deadlines along the way.

Through these forums, weā€™ve had a peek at just how much of yourself youā€™ve poured into this company and product. You made it work despite the delays and difficulties; Iā€™m sure you had the option to just walk away at many points, and a lot of people would have. So fine, I wish I had my new toy last year, but Iā€™m summoning my inner grownup to say thank you for sticking it through and not compromising. I think Iā€™m going to be much happier with what I do eventually get than I would be if there were no Glowforge and I settled for an expensive piece of bent sheet metal and horrible Windows software.

22 Likes

I assume that goes along with the squiggler you use that lets you know the electricity is electricalling correctly?

19 Likes

love the detail in the update, glad to see some word on pro status. looking forward to things; thanks for the update, dude!

4 Likes

I think youā€™re basing your concerns on reports from users on older hardware and software. I can only tell you that we use it in-house with the latest hardware and software (not yet released, but will be available with Pro units at the end of the month) to great success.

33 Likes

Yes. When your Basic is ready, weā€™ll give you the option to receive it immediately or to wait.

4 Likes

Indeed!

6 Likes

I wonder as well my guess was hot snot or sealant

Edit I was way wrong its a measurement tool

2 Likes

If we are local to the Bay Area (Iā€™m in Marin), would it make things cheaper/easier/quicker if I came and picked my unit up, or do you prefer to ship everything out?

Thanks for the update! The engravings look amazing and all the extras thrown in due to the delays are much appreciated!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll forgive anyone for missing a detail in that 17-page novel!

12 Likes

Apologies if already asked!

Does the $20/mo for each month delayed apply to the GF itself, or the GF + Filter? If a customer opts to wait for the Filter to be available, will they continue to acrue ā€˜monthsā€™, or is it from the time of the ā€˜your GF is readyā€™ email?

Also: THANKS FOR THE UPDATE!

5 Likes

I hope so. I feel bad that I get to use it every day and the customers who made it possible donā€™t. Itā€™s awesome. Weā€™ll get it to you really, really soon now. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The factory wouldnā€™t know what to do with you if you showed up at their door. :slight_smile: We have to route everything through the logistics system, Iā€™m afraid.

5 Likes

So @dan how do i find out if mine will ship ā€œtomorrowā€ or near Xmas?? Can anyone at GF be a bit more specific on the actual date for shipping first batch EU backers?

Iā€™m now SERIOUSLY considering cancelling mine, after all this wait! :frowning:

2 Likes

Itā€™s from the time your Glowforge is ready.

3 Likes

@dan, something went wrong in unicode land hereā€¦

1 Like