Discussion of June '17 update

Apologies, I’m not seeing what you’re referring to?

1 Like

I agree, I’ve been quiet on the forums and have waited patiently. I did not want to bother with angry or demanding posts because I knew in the end the product would far out-weigh the wait. I ordered extremely early on (Oct 2nd) and it would suck if I got pushed behind the people who ordered after me, but were active in the forums. Hopefully there’s some clarification on this.

7 Likes

Come on Dan, that statement really doesn’t pass a basic smell test. You could easily just have an intern post here to the forum once a day with what date of orders you are currently working on or have completed. It would be something. Especially after just announcing another >3 month< miss.

7 Likes

This one should be November not Sept.

5 Likes

Since you ordered during the campaign, you’re scheduled for delivery by Halloween. I can’t give you a more precise date than that, I’m afraid. But it sounds like you ordered early so that bodes well for having time for costumes.

I’m not sure I follow? We did send some of the beta, prerelease, and first production run to active users to get feedback sooner, but that accounts for less than 1% of our production - it doesn’t have any meaningful impact on you.

6 Likes

@dan I can’t remember, its been so long ago since I made my preorder but did we specify what country we were shipping to at that point? I ask because at the time I ordered I was in Toronto Canada, but now, I am in Detroit.

In your update you state “International shipments will start later but are scheduled to be completed at the same time as US shipments”

I am hoping that any delay for international shipping will occur after confirmation of desired delivery location.

Can you confirm?

1 Like

“Same company that makes Microsoft Xboxes” Greeeeeeeeeeeat. /s

Also, once again, Pro users get the old BOHICA treatment.

Can’t say I’m surprise. At this rate I’ll be lucky to see it before NEXT YEAR.

You can send an email to support@glowforge.com who can tell you your order date, so you know your “delivery by” date.

1 Like

In the post I replied to, it said this:
You should expect your shipment by Oct 31 (if you ordered during the 30-day campaign) or Sept 30 (if not).

3 Likes

I have to admit I’m of two minds having received the email; excited to see that the Pro is coming finally and that all of these additions have been made to it, and upset again at the delays and potential shipping issues that await me.

I’m in the UK and ordered the Pro + Airfilter, paying $954 for shipping and liable to pay a further $959 in import duty, a total of $1913. I worked out this evening that for less than $800 I can fly back home to the US, visit family, pick up my GF from them and then fly back with it as excess baggage. It makes it a rather bitter pill to swallow, especially seeing as I have recently been informed that you can’t ship to APO addresses and still haven’t seemingly made any attempts to lower international shipping costs.

I’ll probably stick with it still, but it’s increasingly a difficult decision.

1 Like

Your best bet for an answer is to email support@glowforge.com :+1:

Omg someone was watching my Instagram live?!?!? :wink: I had so much fun with that. Want to do it more for sure.

8 Likes

[quote=“joshanimated, post:63, topic:8394”]
If we ordered during the campaign, and a basic glowforge. They’re shipping now, but up until Oct 31? So there is a 5 month delivery window? [/quote]

Correct. We’ll email you when yours is ready.

All things being equal, by order date. Each country is in a category of it’s own, though, so (for example) the three units going to the Canary Islands will ship in order based on their order date, but may not start for a few months.

3 Likes

THey cant announce any “scheduled dates” of current shipping GFs because they just ship them on their own order basis, NOT by date placed basis…

Awesome update @dan! I know you and the @staff are working really hard to keep things moving and I’m just super excited!

I guess if Pro’s will start to ship at the end of the month then some of the first Pro emails will be going out in a week or so!

5 Likes

Yes, but you’ll have a chance to change it when your order is ready.

We’ll notify you based on the location you told us, but you can update it then. You can also email support to update it now.

1 Like

You’ll get to specify your country when you get “the email”. If you moved to another country (or to the US in your case), the final shipping costs will be determined and you will be either charged more or refunded based upon your final country of shipping.

Hope that helps.

2 Likes

I think the confusion lies within figuring out whether or not being a regular on the forums helps your place in line when it comes to early backers. So if I ordered mine Oct 2nd but I’m not active in the forums, does that mean that someone that ordered Oct 21st, but is a regular on the forum, would receive their Glowforge before me?

2 Likes

Thank you for the info @dan

Appreciate the effort of answering all these questions!

2 Likes

If you’re American what you say makes sense but for all the international orders it would just be confusing. The dates wouldn’t be accurate. There would have to be an extensive list of basic vs pro, order dates and countries currently shipping. I agree it would be awesome but it is a little harder than just a simple date.

1 Like