Discussion of June 2019 Update

Thread for discussion of the June update.

7 Likes

Yay Canada!!

Does this mean we are getting Proofgrade too? I have been having to get mine via a Montana address :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very exciting news! Many thanks @dan. :confetti_ball::tada::zap::partying_face:

2 Likes

I really hope Canada (and the rest of the shipping countries) are getting proofgrade soon.

6 Likes

Got my GF beginning of June, deliverd to Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada.

Can and will you give me store credit instead of paying back the shipping cost?

Great updates. Have not had a chance to check how much of a difference the calibration has made, but set focus is absolutely amazing.
Any chance we can get some details on what temps at what locations would cause a pause/stop?

1 Like

I suspect the free shipping is a new order promotion.

1 Like

Seem so, missing out by only 2 weeks, before the official “Canada Launch”. They were already shipping the GF’s to Canada?

They have been trying to ship to Canada for months…the Basics have been going in for a while now. The Pro deliveries just got approval from your government.

And yes, you could have waited two additional weeks to order your machine, gotten free shipping, paid more for it, and lost the “I’m sorry for the delays” credits you accrued.

On balance, you probably came out ahead. Enjoy your new Pro - they’re a lot of fun. :wink:

7 Likes

“And seven free designs for the National Week of Making!”

No mention of that nor the “Chat with support…”

Ya can’t say “free designs” and not deliver… I mean… we riot for free designs…

3 Likes

When is the “National Week of Making”? Any idea? Hey Google!
(Dang it is a thing…next week. Learning all kinds of things today.) :smile:

1 Like

Oops - we had a few last minute “that’s not ready to announce yet” things around week of making & chat that got removed from the body, but not from the intro. Thanks for the catch - edited!

2 Likes

Me too.

1 Like

It’s a limited-time promotion that started today and expires at the end of the month.

However, we’ve made the free warranty shipping change retroactive, so you’ll benefit from it as well!

4 Likes

Just ship it all to my house :wink:

3 Likes

Which one of you smart alecks submitted, I bought my Glowforge because I am a midnight toker?

9 Likes

Hey, hey, hey…no do-overs! (Shoot!)
:smile:

2 Likes

It’s really exciting to see non-trivial software features starting to come out. Hopefully this is a sign that whatever was going on internally has been resolved, and we can look forward to a continuous stream of improvements.

The Joker

6 Likes

I was gonna do Space Cowboy.

5 Likes