Discussion of March 2018 Update

HA! I was just talking to my wife about how there is not a metric ruler. Thanks!

1 Like

As nifty as NAFTA is, I’m sure there are plenty of hurdles. Also we don’t know what their distribution of orders looks like; if they had a lot more EU orders than Canadian orders, it would make a lot of sense to focus on getting those done. I imagine it’s a fairly similar amount of work on the regulatory side, even if shipping is probably more of a headache for EU orders.

5 Likes

Metric!!! Sqeee, finally.

2 Likes

I must be a pretty rare bird, as currently domiciled in UK, but have a glowforge in US, with visiting rights every couple of months !
But I couldn’t be happier (and relieved, I must admit) for all my friends over here to get this morning’s news.
Thanks #Team GF.

:upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Yes @dan!! Nice one. Well done team Glowforge. It’s been a sucky ride at times and I really hope I’m getting off soon, but this is brilliant news. Congrats.

1 Like

Your warranty sections still says we need to pay for shipping warranty returns but I think EU law says we don’t.

From here: FAQs|Guarantees, cancelling and returning your purchases - Your Europe

Under EU law, within the legal guarantee period of two years, defective products must be repaired or replaced without any cost to the consumer. This includes shipping costs.

16 Likes

Looks like shipping dates for air filters moved 3 months - any comments / update on this?

Mine still says it is suposed to ship in less than a month. Which is a little strange to me and I am really not expecting to happen considering we have not heard much about the filters at all.

true, but as noted by @dan the logistics are a much larger hurdle with all that water in the way. I’m just happy to see people getting a chance to get their units outside the US finally. It’s been a long, frustrating wait for them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update!

While I’m happy for my EU neighbors, I really appreciate the status page. That will help you as much as it does us as we’ll be able to know the status before jumping to any conclusions.

Keep it up!

3 Likes

I’ll second this. Thanks for making the status visible - it’ll really help with troubleshooting issues - and extra thanks for doing so in an open, transparent way, so we can see history and subscribe to notifications!

1 Like

Call me picky but is there a reason that the founders’ ruler does not have inches on one side and metric on the other side?

4 Likes

That may have to wait for Glowforge 2, the world’s first duplex 3D laser printer.

7 Likes

Last week mine moved one month to early April.

Basically we have no idea and not a lot of information.

1 Like

Just speculation, aka that which fuels the Internet.

Is anyone having trouble cutting out the new metric goodies? The holes are cutting fine but the key chain is not completely cutting the outside. If I adjust in manual what should I change it to?

Would you mind opening a thread in Problems & Support? A picture of the problem would be super helpful too if you still have it.

I can’t comment on EU law, but if you can point me to where we describe our international warranty coverage, I’ll update it to reflect the new plan. (I just fixed it in /tech-specs so that may have been what you were referring to).

From Glowforge Warranty Information | Glowforge

For U.S. Customers only, Glowforge will pay shipping costs to return repaired or replacement products. For International Customers, Glowforge will provide a Return Material Authorization label that must be placed inside the box. International Customers are responsible for the cost of shipping and insuring an authorized warranty return to Glowforge and for prepayment of return shipping.

4 Likes