Discussion of March 2018 Update

This thread is for discussion of the March 2018 update.

10 Likes

3 Likes

That sounds like a pretty awesome update for a lot of people.

Thank you very much for the status page!

4 Likes

Lots of good stuff in that update. Really glad to see our international brethren will soon have their toys!

2 Likes

Any updates on the air filters?

1 Like

Oh yeah, nice to see the international units gearing up. How exciting! :grinning:

6 Likes

The metric ruler is good for us enlightened folk in the US also…

13 Likes

Great update-- so very happy the international units are starting to move out to their homes! So very cool!

5 Likes

They just showed up in the app for me! squeeee! :squeeee:

15 Likes

Yay! Folks in Europe will be waking up to some good news soon!

4 Likes

So exciting! I mean, it doesnt effect me really. But I’m excited for the international owners :blush:

5 Likes

When you get metric in the UI. Please locate a toggle switch in the menu bar to dynamically switch between the two units. This would make life so much easier for us engineers who use both systems in designs.

Also a drop down menu with customer defined power/speed/thickness related to materials. For us folks who do a lot of prototyping of the same parts with tweaks it would reduce frustration and working time drastically…

thanks

5 Likes

No news on the air filters - the schedule in glowforge.com/account is the most up-to-date information.

Oops - I heard we had some folks pushed early, and the cut & score options are reversed. We’re fixing and should have everything out tomorrow. In the mean time, double check before you print.

7 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions! Will put it in the feature hopper.

2 Likes

Oops.

My metric Gift of Good Measure has disappeared. I guess they’re replacing it. The ruler looks ok. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congratulations on clearing such a large number of hurdles. I don’t know that I would have bet on shipping to the EU before Canada though, so that is interesting.

The dashboard should make a lot of people happy too.

And one can never have enough measuring sticks. Thanks for the updated ones :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Status page! I am do the dance of joy!

15 Likes

HA! I was just talking to my wife about how there is not a metric ruler. Thanks!

1 Like

As nifty as NAFTA is, I’m sure there are plenty of hurdles. Also we don’t know what their distribution of orders looks like; if they had a lot more EU orders than Canadian orders, it would make a lot of sense to focus on getting those done. I imagine it’s a fairly similar amount of work on the regulatory side, even if shipping is probably more of a headache for EU orders.

5 Likes