Discussion of mid-March 2018 update

Just checked and mine has changed again from 9th March from earlier today to 16th March!!! I know it’s just tomorrow but what the actual heck…?! It’s just bouncing around back and forth. @dan can you please clarify as I’m pretty sure it’s not just me?

Correct, not just you, mine has gone from the 22nd to the 13th to now the 16th…

1 Like

Mines jumped from the 9th to the 16th since this morning too…

1 Like

Yes it looks like UPS is not the best courier ever. There is no way they will deliver on a moment that I can be home and now I have to pick up the labeled unicorn droppings in a city that is 60 miles from my home. And I probably have to go there again to pick up the unicorn itself… They can’t deliver to my local UPS centre because I have to pay € 52,70 in taxes (that is only foor the poop) and I have to pay this personal in cash!

1 Like

I Feel like we’ve been pretty patient, but the whole pushing dates back for Canadian customers thing… well, it just sucks.

You don’t have to pay in cash if you use mychoice. Just did it for our delivery.

2 Likes

I don’t have the details, but we found a bug in our forecasting system that accidentally put today’s notifications as being in the past. Apologies!

1 Like

And it’s not even April 1st.

2 Likes

Hows International shipping/production going? Haven’t heard of our gf since the golden mail came about a week ago :astonished: I had the feeling that units were shipping quite fast in the last few weeks?

No problem, can’t wait to get my hands on it… it immenenent

Just got the golden ticket and I’m drunk hurrah!

8 Likes

Tell me about it… Honda’s VTEC technology is based entirely on unicorn flatulence.

1 Like

Me too! :clap::clap:

4 Likes

Got my email at 2am this morning! :tada:

6 Likes

Yay! Congrats! :smile:

1 Like

Got my email at 00:30 this morning. Those from the UK who also received your emails, did you check the gift certificate amounts you should have? According to the email, in addition to the proofgrade materials we should also be getting:

• A gift certificate of $20 for each full month that you’ve been waiting beyond the December 2016 schedule update
  • A $50 gift certificate to Inventables (who ship internationally!)
  • A $50 gift credit to the Glowforge design catalog, full of beautiful and useful things

However, mine showed the $50 for the catalogue but no mention of the Inventables gift certificate. Also, I could have sworn that after Dec 2016 there have been 14 full months of delay, equating to $280 not $220 as was shown.

Anyone else found this? @dan any idea?

4 Likes

That code has historically been sent via email when they notify of the Proofgrade material shipping, I believe.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying that.

1 Like

No worries, that’s correct if you ordered after the crowdfunding. :slightly_smiling_face:

The amount of the bonuses for the delays depends on when you placed your order and partial months don’t count. If you ordered after the crowdfunding program ended your start count date for the bonus begins with April 2017. (First full month after the scheduled March 2017 deliveries for non-crowdfunders.)

April, May, June, July, Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan, Feb = 11 months x $20 = $220

And do be sure to read all of your emails from Glowforge down to the bottom to find that Inventables code - a lot of folks have missed them.
:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

@Jules , You are so very helpful. Thank you!

4 Likes