Discussion of mid-March 2018 update

I really loveeee the dating unicorns! its amazing!

Hey Dan, You only mentioned about compliance issues for bigger countries. What about smaller countries like Singapore? Or is your company going to keep pushing the delivery date for the smaller countries until the bigger countries are settled? That would be pretty unfair if you ask me, because some of us have backed your product right from the start and we will have to wait up to 3 years (hopefully not more) to get it.

1 Like

We’re working on all countries in parallel - some just have more challenging requirements than others.

My GF actually arrived yesterday. It was hard to communicate with UPS, but the GF is actually here in my garage now! (note to GF: don’t bother with the “this side up” and “fragile” labels. UPS doesn’t understand those. My GF came on its side with the carry holes torn out and the packaging tape ripped open. The GF seems still ok.)
I hope to set it up this weekend. (I am a early bird Dutch backer)

9 Likes

Its been two weeks since my address confirmation - the anticipation is killing me! I am guessing there was a big push to get all of the US confirmations out but not enough units to cover the push.

When they say “up to six weeks” they mean it. Last fall it was averaging 3-4 weeks from address confirmation to delivery. It seems to have sped up since then, though.

That’s not how it works. You don’t get the email until they have a slot in the build schedule for you. If you turn it down someone else gets to take it.

You’re probably pretty close to getting the PG materials. If you haven’t signed up for UPS My choice you should so you’ll be able to see it as soon as it ships.

They aren’t always great on timely notifications for when the stuff is handed off to UPS so it’s good to get on UPS’ application ASAP.

A week or two after the PG you’ll get two more boxes - one with the GF and one with the crumb tray.

That makes more sense! I figured they had a certain level of on-hand inventory and when you got your address confirmation you received one of those units. Vs. being placed in a build que upon receipt of the address confirmation. Kudus on the Just-In-Time production methods, and thank you for the clarity.

Yea I received my PG materials two days after my confirmation which is why I was thinking the same production model was used for the unit itself.

1 Like

I ordered mid-September and UPS still shows nothing for me since getting proofgrade on Monday. It looks like a couple of people in the facebook group who ordered in October/November got tracking info from UPS yesterday, so it should be soon for the rest of us still waiting…

I randomly just checked my UPS my choice account and what do you know, my GF is ready to ship! The really weird thing is I didn’t get any email whatsoever - nothing from GF or UPS. Check your UPS account guys, looks like those of us that got our address confirmation about two weeks ago are getting our units!

1 Like

They have a multitude of different notifications you can enable (thus disabled by default). Package creation, exceptions, etc.

You have to enable email notifications for the label creation/origin event. Default is two days’ notice from UPS. MyChoice pending packages for me still shows nothing. :confused:

2 Likes

@dan is the air filter the new glowforge? seems like it is on the same delay cycle… any update on this product. it is a big reason why i bought a glowforge in the first place.

1 Like

I’m with you on this one. I bought mine on October 2nd, 2015. Shouldn’t they try to fulfill all orders regardless of the country?

Hello all!

My wife and I made an order for a GF Pro on Wednesday (the 28th) and we have yet to see an email asking about shipping information. From what I’ve read, this can usually take a while, so I’m just seeing if anyone else who’s ordered that recently has received their email?

Also, please count me in for the Unicorn add-on. I would like to prove to myself that I am not a replicant.

1 Like

If you are in the US, and just ordered, you likely will Not see any email.
It will just ship.
Mine did exactly that when I ordered 2 weeks ago, 8 days later UPS told me it was on the way!

those who ordered years ago are getting the emails to make sure they still live where they did when they ordered :wink:

1 Like

Oh sweet, thank you! I’m probably way too excited to get one these things. Lol. I’ve been eyeing them since the Kick-starter launched, and then a friend gave us a referral code and that drove us to make the order.

Thanks again!

They’re awesome boxes of glory! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had mine shipped to the states…verified it was working to my satisfaction and I’m driving it home this week…I’ll post if there are any raised eyebrows at the border

1 Like

2 Likes