Discussion of October 2017 update

Apart from excluding OS that is what Dan has been saying for months. I simply do not believe it. There are only 20 days left to the end of October. They have never averaged more than 3 emails per day on the spreadsheet and there are 292 people in the campaign yet to get emails. So we would need to see something like 14 per day every day. They haven’t sent any since last Thursday, so no sign of them ramping up by a factor of 5 ish.

1 Like

Day 26 was Oct.19th, so that makes you day 30.

If they stay on track, I should have mine no later than Dec. 12th.

Well rats. For some reason I didn’t think I waited until the very last minute to order. Oh well, is what it is.

My question is regarding the $20 voucher per month of proofgrade/design catalog merchandise. Here’s the exact verbiage from the schedule update in December that I’m concerned with:

“The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait past your scheduled delivery of either December or March.” [emphasis mine]

So we all know the “delivery” schedule of 6 weeks after you get the email stating shipping. In my honest opinion, that number is about to skyrocket because they are going to be sending out mass “Yours is shipping now!” emails in order to get them all out by the end of this month like they promised. But their production has no way of keeping up with those emails, so the 6 weeks will likely turn into 3 or more months. Again, my speculation.

So if that is the case and your actual delivery date becomes 3 months after you get the “shipping” email, will you get $60 extra of proofgrade/design catalog spending, or are they going to change the wording so that the day you get the email is the day the timer stops? The wording above clearly states DELIVERY date.

1 Like

Never understood the 6 week emails but not something I or anyone else is able to affect. The voucher has always been computed between the December/March scheduled delivery to the date a person receives the “golden” email in one month increments.

Well that is one reason right there, saves them $30 on average.

3 Likes

i’m day 14 (Oct 7th)… basic model. US. no email yet.

I’m 28th of September (4th day?), basic model, non US, no sign of life from GF yet…

that makes me feel less bad for me but more bad for you

Thank you! I do hope that we all will be very happy soon.

Well, that depends on what they do with all international orders. If the order book was 30% international and you just push all those to the back of the queue then hitting your US shipping targets becomes a lot easier.

1 Like

It is only about 10% on the Spreadsheet but IIRC Dan said it was about 20%. Regardless of whether the spreadsheet reflects reality they still have to clear all the entries on it and OS being last does not change much there. Still needs a huge ramp up unless they extend the 6 weeks.

This reminds me of when Dwight Schrute was temporarily in charge of The Office:

Dwight: “If you do this…you’ll get a Schrute Buck.”
Stanley: "How many Schrute Bucks makes a dollar?
Dwight: some kind of a minuscule amount noted (I don’t remember)
Stanley: “I’ll give you 5 Stanley Nickels to never speak to me again. Goodbye!”

ha ha

2 Likes

That was from December of 2016, and March of 2017. December being when they throught, again, that all initial campaign orders would be delivered, and then March being everything else. The $20 per month would start counting in January or April. Over the course of this year, Dan explained a bit more, the $20 was for a full month, meaning that if you received an email in a certain month, you would not get credit for it, just every month before that. So for the December 16 expected delivery date it is currently counted from Jan to Sept, or $180, and the March, $120. The count would stop when you received your GF Shipping email. So if you get the email in October it stops at the above counts.

1 Like

I missed the post where they said that was how they’re doing it. (In fact @Dan referenced having piles of them stacked in the factory back when they were waiting on new boxes.) Can you point me to the post? I’m surprised that anyone would be building a machine only after the customer provided the acceptance. I’d like to see their rationale for doing that.

1 Like

To our email of record correct? for the shipping notice update, that is.

I am getting rather twitchy.

Yes Dan has definitely said they make them after you get the email. Not sure where, but it appears they place a factory order with your delivery address and the factory handles it from there.

My basic was October 20th. then upgraded to Pro.

I cannot wait to get this machine!

Yeah, I feel ya. I lost another referral overnight, so I’m down from 7 to 3. :-/

1 Like

I understand the business aspect of this. It makes sense for them to send out a mass of “Yours is SHIPPING!” emails at the end of October, so then they don’t have to pay the $20 per month for however long the “shipping” takes. But as a consumer it’s super shady and irritating. I know it’s likely less than $60, but that is still $60.

3 Likes