Discussion of October 2017 update

I ordered mine way after the initial campaign. So I know I am not on deck for awhile, but should I expect an email update as well? I saw many are missing emails still and want to make sure my email address works since product of my machine depends on it. Thanks for all you do!

1 Like

Maybe not.

If you send 10 emails today do you wait until the responses start coming in to tell the factory to build one? And then when the second email comes in tell them to build another? Or wait until the end of the day where you have say 4 answers and 6 unreplied and release 4 to be built?

Or do you send 10 emails corresponding to the 10 machines youā€™re building and if I donā€™t reply ā€œmyā€ machine becomes number 11ā€™s machine?

Does that translate into starts & stops of the build line? Some weeks theyā€™re relatively idle and some weeks a bunch more makes them busy?

3 Likes

So hereā€™s my dilemma. I live in a building that has proven to be inhabited by very vocal very smell conscious folks. The filter is basically a must have. The trouble is that I cannot use a glowforge that makes a smell that the neighbors can smell. That includes upstairs and downstairs. Iā€™ve been able to smell weed and cigarettes from my neighbors in those directions multiple times.

So. If the filter will take care of this, Iā€™ll likely delay delivery until then. If this canā€™t be done, or if nobody at GF can assure me that this will be the case, I donā€™t want to end up with a very expensive paperweight.

Help!

So itā€™s okay for them to violate federal laws (regardless of your stateā€™s position on legalized pot), but youā€™re not allowed to vent byproducts of legal cutting & engraving where it might offend their felonious little noses? Guess you couldnā€™t have one of those wood burning kits that were the rage when I was a kid eh?

Considering some of the cooking smells Iā€™ve been forced to endure in apartments, this is the kind of attitude that makes me never want to live in congregate housing again. And my wife wonders why I keep pointing out houses on 10 acres on a mountaintop in the Smokey Mountains.

6 Likes

Yes, before end of day Friday.

No, but it means suddenly a weekā€™s output may be spoken for so we donā€™t send new emails. (I should have said ā€œshipping emailsā€ not ā€œdeliveryā€).

Neither of the things you mentioned is quite right - we get an email response before the build for that machine starts. We send emails till we get enough responses to keep the line full.

The filter reduces smells to a level that most people find between mild and unnoticeable. Unfortunately noses vary a lot, so itā€™s hard to make any definitive statements about smell.

2 Likes

Are there any possibilities for returning the forge if it turns out to be an issue?

I know. Itā€™s absurd. But I find it easier to be a good neighbor than to try and change their minds.

No, you can only cancel your order before delivery.

You flagged someone because you assumed that their assumption was less accurate than your assumption, Iā€™m assuming.

3 Likes

Ah ha! Thatā€™s now clear. (I bolded the key piece for others to see.)

5 Likes

Me: "Ok cool I will finally get to know when I recieve my Glowforge "
GF: ā€œunfortunately not everyone will recieve an email this time. We are sending out test emails to a selected amount of test email user until to determine the best way to send out the email and everybody will recieve an email no matter the device or countryā€

4 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I understood
Does it mean that I may not receive the mail before Friday night?

Today, i canā€™t affirm iā€™ve got good alternatives. I need to know more about the materialā€¦
FYI, the FSL Muse in sold out in Netherlands (which has an importation and support point)

I think it was a joke. Yes we are all expecting to get it before Friday night PST.

1 Like

Thanks !
Itā€™s really painful not to have English as mother tongue ā€¦

1 Like

Jaja just heard about this Friday night thing now. I will be sitting here at home waiting for the email with some popcorns. I feel I am getting told the exact delivery date of a child.

1 Like

My own feeling.
Those of us overseas are not going to like what the email says.

I donā€™t think there ill be anything exact about it. And looking at what people have said so far I donā€™t think it will even be credible.

Yes now @dan or an employee deleted the part in the top where it said we will ship international orders soon. That makes me not very confident. I just hope that they have enough cash to burn to keep all the people in payroll and ship all units and some people did additional preorders. I hope there will be not a case like the tiko 3D printer where I was also a backer where they did a presale in Nov and then shipped a couple o thousand but then ran out of cash to buy parts for the total 16.000. Not telling what was going on so they can still get presales and look for investments. Just made me realize that even if they are shipping a couple of units it can still mean that they fail to deliver all. I am not saying thats the case here. But please tell us an exact day of recieving. This is not a kickstarter you did with the possibility of failure but a preorder of a product. Also the window of opportunity is closing there is dremel and universal and who else are coming out with a similar machine. Next year we probably can choose between several similar machines.

2 Likes

Even those of us who do have English as a mother tongue, struggle to grasp the intent of what they say sometimes. They have singlehandedly given new meaning to the term ā€œShippingā€

10 Likes