Discussion of October 2017 update

Same here, my date for shipping was in January and now I just rechecked and it is February. I to ordered within the first initial 30 days…CRAZY

It’s getting better. They are sending out the golden ticket emails for day 26 pro orders at the moment.

1 Like

The best guesses we have indicate that roughly half of the orders during the campaign happened in the last week or so. I think that’s why the estimated times are slipping out.

1 Like

Thanks - not knowing how many they’ve actually made so far to cover the first 20 days of sales against the final total does make it hard to know the real rate of production, and I think that exact rates might be something from a business perspective you’d want to keep hidden. And they do note that the forecasting software is “beta.” :grinning:

Dan at one time said sales were almost evenly split between basics and pros. I have seen estimates that they sold between 12,000 and 14,000 machines. (Depending on actual breakout and how many filters sold) If they sold half during the last week, then they have around 3,000 to 3,500 basics units to make to fulfill the last week of orders.

They are on day 26 on the pros (I’m day 26 pro and got my GT email last night). I’d be willing to bet that they are trying to get all pro owners in the 30 day pre-order campaign their GT emails by the 31st, so they can say they “shipped” all of the pros by the 31st.

I wonder if the “shipment” of all preorder pros is tied to additional investor funding or maybe since those are more expensive units, they are freeing up more buyer money. (Or maybe they need to show dollar sales for 2017 to their investors, so more money freed up the better).

3 Likes

Hi all, new delay for me. That’s enough :slight_smile:
Could you please send me the url to ask for refund. I don’t find it…
Thanks

You just e-mail support as far as I know.

Anyone who has canceled will not be here, so no answer from that quarter…

I saw an url last day…I thought there was a link.
No matter, i will contact support

https://glowforge.com/cancel-pre-order/

3 Likes

That’s it !
Before cancelling, i want to say " good luck " to international customers.
I hope you won’t have to wait too much time…

It was a pleasure to post here but the community is only open to customers so i have to go out :wink:

7 Likes

My day came and went as well which I expected now it says Dec 18th. I’ll wait to see that one come and go to I’m guessing with no communication.

I do hold out some all be it slim hope that the banner of being on day 20 that maybe my unit will ship soon since I’m in the 30 days. Although no golden ticket email.

Although I’m a day 27 order so if @dan and the banner was to be believed I should at the least of had a do you want it email I would think rather then looking to see yet another delay who knows maybe im wrong and its not how it works.

Yes I did the same thing. I ordered my pro on the 20th of Oct 2015 and have the 30th of Oct also. Maybe we will get our golden ticket next week.:):grinning:

My first date was Oct 30th which rolled back to the 27th when everybody’s dates were adjusted. I got the email about 6:30 PST last night. I would say you aren’t too far off now.

2 Likes

They seem to be running on schedule this close. My email came after 10pm last night, so don’t get stressed if you don’t have it by 5pm on you date.

2 Likes

A flag brings my attention to a post and lets me know that someone’s concerned it might violate the guidelines. I encourage people to flag anything that qualifies. Sometimes it results in consequences for the poster, occasionally (if abusive) for the flagger, but most of the time it’s dismissed without prejudice to either. I typically only confirm flags that are either significant violations of rules, or have accumulated multiple flags.

They’re on day 22 basics and my day 24 basic is scheduled for December 4th. God, there must be so many orders on these last days…

If you go by the spreadsheet created by a forum member, at least half of all glowforges were sold in the last week of the preorder campaign. Someone else figured that they sold 12,000 to 14,000 units during the campaign. If all of this is true, then in the last 7 days they sold something like 3,000-3,500 basics. (That’s an average of 429-500/day).

Again this is information calculated by forum members, not anyone at Glowforge.

1 Like

Aaaand my date moved from Nov to Dec. Oh well.

i think you may be right about overshooting their estimate on the original 30 day sale. but then if that happened, why did they continue with the later sales? seems stupid. but profit often does that.

my estimate didn’t show up until recently. which is why i blew up now.