Discussion of October 2023 Update

Dan just posted all the latest from Glowforge in his October 2023 update. Read his post here and feel free to add your comments here. Thanks!

11 Likes

Congrats on production!

I’m probably at the end of the delivery chain, but I have noted atleast a couple :aura: being sold at my local Michaels. The local Joanns only recently put up a GF Aura display, and I was not surprised to see them price it at $1,439. :frowning:

Joanns (here) is always way more expensive than the Michaels, a mile away. But atleast Joanns is now stocking some GF PG materials, which they hadn’t been.

15 Likes

I see it is being offered on HSN as well!

10 Likes

Ooh thank you for sharing!!

7 Likes

I can’t imagine how gratifying it must be to go into a store and see a thing you worked on on display. Congratulations on the big number! If you need more occasions to celebrate, just count them in binary.

15 Likes

Glad that your latest effort has proven to be a success. :sunglasses:
I reflect on the excitement I experienced back in 2017 as I was introduced to the magic of lasers and CNC. The price opened a new world to me that had always been beyond reach, and had a real impact on my life.
That big number attests that many others are enjoying the adventure now. Congratulations!
It’s great that the Aura sports the same eloquent UI. As I’ve watched it mature over time it is clear to me that sets Glowforge apart. Just look at the emulations it has inspired in the competition.

It’s been a great ride, Dan.

15 Likes

Congratulations to you and your staff on another successful product!

9 Likes

I went to the crappy Michaels the other night, they literally put the display in a pile of stuff that hasn’t been put out yet.

5 Likes

There is a lot of stuff that can be cut on two sheets with the Aura that can be cut on one sheet with the others. Is there a way to have it identified in the catalog? :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Ooh good suggestion! Adding that to the Hopper.

4 Likes

Congratulations on Aura. Is there any way to place the free with premium logo on designs to another location? It really interferes with being able to look at the design. Thank you.

5 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion! I will pass this along to our team. Great feedback!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.