Discussion of September 2022 Update

The exhaust fan failed about 2 years in. Given the tube only was expected to last 2 years, I’m coming up on 5 so have no complaint.

1 Like

The fan in mine starting making new sounds like a bad bearing earlier this year so I expect It will have to be replaced at some point soon.

Hey the good news is that replacing the fan is one of the easier fixes to do at home, the parts are available from third party sites, and there are detailed explanations about how to install a new one.

2 Likes

Not so much on a Pro, and the machine is much more enjoyable without an exhaust fan anyway.

They still offered repairs when I removed mine but now that they only provide refurbs, my machine will effectively be junk once the tube fails…

… unless the revived openglow site can offer a solution.

A: Wasn’t talking to you, and B: agreed, it’s harder with a pro but it’s still one of the easier repairs in your glowforge [compared to a power supply replacement or some such].

1 Like

No argument here. The big issue is getting to the lower fan mounting screws with the heatsink in the way.

Does not affect how the dashboard button works.

no, it doesn’t. but it’s still a workaround to avoid the screen you don’t like.

The inability to not see the glowforge spam designs is not an improvement.
I require that my designs show with priority not the glowforge spam designs.
Making a bookmark to the correct page does not affect how the dashboard button work.
I also created a support ticket about this. I purchased this instrument to get work done not
see the glowforge spam.

2 Likes

Why should we have to work around seeing the glowforge spam?

i’m not disagreeing, i’m not a fanboi just defending GF. i dislike the page, too. i’m just offering a way to get around the issue.

A redirector plugin partially solves the problem without using a bookmark.
The dashboard button still goes to the spam page and requires a reload to see the correct page.

Foisting their spam on all of the users was a bad decision by Dan.

1 Like

Nope. Completely. Check your DMs in about 30 secs.

That worked, how do you get them back if needed after you hid them ?

Thanks. My configuration was incomplete.

Beneath the Smart Folders are two buttons: “+ New Folder” and “Organize”. Click on “Organize” and you can UnHide one or more folders…

4 Likes

hi my name is danielle and i purchased a glowforge back in march of this year and it came broken already. i have emailed them tons of times and they don’t ever help me in trying to fix my glowforge. i don’t know where else to put this as i can’t find any place to get someone to help me. so if your looking at buying a glowforge DONT. They don’t help u in trying to get anything fixed. thank danielle pocock.

Welcome to the forum.

This forum is for Glowforge owners, so your caution against buying a Glowforge may not be a good fit for this group.

Glowforge Support does not monitor the forum so your post will not be answered by official Glowforge personnel. If you have had your Glowforge since March, perhaps you could share what problems you are having and see if another owner here in the forum has any suggestions.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.