Discussion of September 2022 Update

Do you have the premium subscription?

Nope…didn’t before when it saved all my designs. Is that why they are gone??

I believe that without the premium subscriptions, user designs that haven’t been opened in 30 days will be deleted.

2 Likes

NOOOOOOO…I must have missed the message about that!

There was no message that I know of. This has always been the case.

Yep that has always been the case.

It’s buried in their FAQ:

Just remember, without Glowforge Premium:
…

• Any designs you haven’t used in 30 days will be removed.
3 Likes

Thanks so much! I thought I had visited it since then. Guess I’m slacking.

1 Like

It’s nice to see the “smart” folders finally and while they are a bit buggy its a great start!

I have noticed sometimes things I’ve moved being put in the folder above where i dropped them. Or items have disappeared after I have removed them from a folder.

And I have read some other suggestions for features so I wont go over those but one thing I do feel should be an option is to remove an item only from the current folder. It seems right now when you remove an item from a smart folder it removes it from all smart folders. And I’d also like to see an option to find anything not in a smart folder, so we can ensure all is organized into folders.

Of course sub-folders would be nice too or perhaps folder separator lines or groups instead of sub-folders.

5 Likes

You are not the first that has slipped up on.

I have premium and I have a lot of designs missing that haven’t been opened in months because they are files for printing in fall (ornaments and holiday stuff). Does anyone know how I can find those or get them back without having to upload them again?

Thank you.
Barbara

I don’t “store” actual designs on the dashboard, but I keep things like honeycomb clips, basic shapes, and test stuff there. When they introduced folders, I copied all of them to a unique folder so I no longer have to scroll thru all the useless designs they give away. I think the oldest was from 2018, just had to scroll down thru the “my designs” folder to get to them.

If that’s not working, contact support.

1 Like

Click “My Designs”, and a search box appears. Looks like the search box is always there. If you know your filename, you should be able to find them using the search field?

Try sorting your files oldest to newest.

1 Like

Are designs still supposed to show in the MyFolder after dropping to a /smart/ folder?
Hi @dan, I’d like a way to remove, separate, or filter catalog designs.
Also, clicking dashboard from the GFUI, returns to the ‘sell’ screen. gee thanks. Would you consider adding a preference for the ‘home’ folder ? I don’t really want GF’s ‘recommendations’ thrown up in my face. How about a ‘smart’ folder that has those recommendations and recently popular?

No one here but us other users…you’ll need to send an email to support to be heard by anyone else at Glowforge.

1 Like

@Xabbess… right. thanks. i just learned that today somewhere else. so sad. :laughing:

1 Like

I was happy to see a local Michaels store has completely revamped their Glowforge display. Instead of a mid-aisle standalone rack with a shell of a Glowforge and some disorganized sheet material near the floor underneath it, we have a dedicated section of a normal store aisle:

Next to it are non-Proofgrade cutting materials including thin acrylic, wood veneers, leather, matboard, chipboard, and some thin solid woods.

On the aisle directly opposite is a near-identical display for a Sawgrass sublimation printer and sublimation blanks underneath.

I’m really happy with this new layout at Michaels and feel like it does a better job of advertising the Glowforge and organizing Glowforge materials than the standalone mid-aisle display did.

11 Likes

Other than tube life, what are your seeing degrade from heavy usage?

I also found that out with this update.
This forum is definitely a strength of Glowforge, even without the folks who make it.
Still, sad to see the distance.
Glad the regulars like you are still in here making it good.

1 Like