Discussion of the April '17 update

Keep up the great work, Dan!

4 Likes

Now THAT was an updateā€¦ tonnes of information, really useful photos.
Thank you

15 Likes

Agree with most of the the other posters. Awesome, not scary, update. And pics of the filter! Please post of one of the units on top and connected! Please.

Thank you as always @dan for keeping us up to date.

Hereā€™s to July!

8 Likes

Stay tuned. :slight_smile: (Our filters are going under Glowforge units in test environments right now, and I canā€™t share pics of our test setup).

27 Likes

Great update. Thank you @dan, especially loved the blurry pic of the results of a pass through cut! And Iā€™m not slamming the blurry, Iā€™m just excited it was there. Canā€™t wait to see more in that department, hopefully a video before too long :wink:

Keep on keeping on! Maybe the end is in sight!

9 Likes

Fantastic! Iā€™m especially excited about seeing the Passthrough in action. Thanks @dan and @GlowforgeStaff!!! I canā€™t wait.

6 Likes

WE GET TO SEE THE FILTER!

That deserves a shout at the top of oneā€™s lungs!

Alsoā€¦ Pre-release folk get a bonus 6 months on warranty? Now I want a pre-release more than ever ><

My last major assignment is due Sunday. Hopefully I can ramp up participation on the forum once again and show some of the work I have been doing with my own laser.

22 Likes

Oops! Should have been crowdfunding buyers (current customers)ā€¦ will fix!

18 Likes

Thanks for the update. The passthrough sign is an exciting thing; how long is it?

Also, unrelated: whoā€™s the audio nerd with the nice headphones hanging on the monitor? :smiley:

8 Likes

Great update! No bad news is more than welcomed as well as seeing the light at the end of the tunnel! Not to mention the insanity on the forum!!
Thanks @dan!!

6 Likes

How do things look for increasing the work envelope in Y from what I think is the current 10.5-in value?

4 Likes

Looking Good!!! Thanks for the update!

2 Likes

Thank you for the update. I am glad we donā€™t have to worry about earthquakes here in Florida. :blush:

3 Likes

I think 40" or so?

On the way.

23 Likes

I must say, that was one of the most upbeat and encouraging updates I think weā€™ve ever had the pleasure of reading. Fantastic!

20 Likes

sweet, thanks; it was hard to get a sense of scale.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the photo-rich update, @dan. Iā€™m so flipping EXCITED!!!

9 Likes

Soooo EXCITED! We get to see the Pass-through in action, AND a picture of the air filter! Iā€™m THRILLED! Thanks for the great update! Canā€™t wait to get my Pro with Filter! :smiley:

9 Likes

I also must say, these machines look just beautiful. The care and attention to detail that have gone into the GF are quite evident, even from the outside. Itā€™s a sexy, sophisticated, space-age device. I feel so lucky that thereā€™s one bound for me. :grin:

16 Likes

They are. I was impressed. Theyā€™re definitely ā€œinsideā€ devices vs the typical laserā€™s ā€œgarageā€ or ā€œshopā€ status. They look better in the house than they did at the MakerFaire where I last saw one in real life :slight_smile:

The laser tube is a work of art. Just seriously pretty in operation and the cooling spiral is spot on. No visible hacking of the power leads, etc on the thing like my other laser.

11 Likes