Discussion of the April '17 update

I did too but that would have required making the main unit taller so the crumb tray could sit off the bottom. It would also have likely reduced the potential for those 2" pieces of wood or something going on because you’d need something to keep them off the exhaust port. Plus you’d need to add some kind of deflector flap or cap to close off the normal exhaust port.

1 Like

Makes sense, thanks.

@dan
Sorry If I missed it somewhere, but will the store offer the air filter replacement?
Even better is it an off the shelf carbon filter?
-D

Why don’t you use an adaptive self sealing door? Or is the statement about the lid?
-D

I have the same issue…I just hope I built it the right size to hold it.

1 Like

Yes, we’ll offer replacements through the store.

4 Likes

Is that just for Pro customers? Or do crowdfunding buyers who ordered the Basic get an extra 6 months warranty (1yr total)?

Thx

Yes, basic users get +6 months for a total of 12 too.

2 Likes

Reasonably priced? Or will most people be inclined to find locally sourced materials?

It’s similar to other premium product producers; places like Inventables. The GF stuff is laser oriented so you can get maple, cherry, walnut plywood in 1/8" where Inventables only has Birch. Inventables is sometimes more expensive and same for GF. You’d have to do your shopping.

The GF materials are masked & finished though so that can save you steps which if time is money for you might be important.

I’ll use PG for some projects and locally (or Amazon) sourced for others - I use a lot of Baltic Birch for standard stuff but will use cherry/maple/walnut, etc for “better” grade things I make where I want more quality.

I’m not sure I’d bother with PG acrylic - some say it smells less but I don’t really notice it either way. I get pretty consistent results with cast acrylic already. The leather is good stuff but I’ve got a Tandy place down the street from work so it’s easy to go in and touch it :slight_smile: ut then I have to mask it by hand. Trade-offs.

As with everything I expect the PG store will be another source of materials for me but won’t likely be the only source.

4 Likes

It could be reasonably priced for people in the US, but for anyone else in Canada or other places internationally I would say it will not be feasable.

The exchange rate plus shipping makes it out of reach for most that don’t have unlimited cash flow. I would estimate that it would end up costing double for the same thing locally (if you can even find it locally that is).

Excellent input, thank you for the time.