Discussion of the May '17 Update

Thanks Dan, great update. Good luck with the next few weeks and fingers crossed :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for taking time to update us @dan ! I am so glad to hear we’re still on schedule!
I’ve been silently stressed waiting for this month’s update, now I can breath again…until June starts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Keep kicking butt Glowforge team!
@bailey I like the new Hello Glowforge video!

9 Likes

Thanks for the update – the excitement continues to build!

3 Likes

This is just for the new GF video, i’ve noticed a trend and want to see if anyone else agrees. Look at Dan’s eyebrows, when he goes into “sales mode” his eyebrows arch wayyyy up. See if you can spot it. Eye brows up, sales mode Dan. Eyebrows neutral, just chatting Dan.

Hahahaha.

15 Likes

That’s typical with lasers. You can switch the order in the GFUI - it’s a drag & drop action. Early on I left it doing the cuts first and the engraves still worked fine. But I like making sure there’s no shift at all so when I remember I move the cuts to the end.

4 Likes

I tent to raise my eyebrows when there’s a camera pointing at me. I have to tell myself “lower those eyebrows”.

5 Likes

Huzzah! Great update, and thank you all @staff for your hard work! Bet you cannot wait until production units have been received, everyone calms down, and you can stop camping at the office.

PS. Amused by the fact that @Dan seems like he can’t keep a straight face in the video when he says “put a bird on it” :wink:

10 Likes

Indeed. There are lots of folks we select for units who are not active on the forum, ranging from test houses to TV shows. But we don’t announce shipping volumes, so you don’t see those numbers here.

No change.

Because that was the order specified in the UI - you can order the steps however you prefer.

My eyebrows go up when I get excited! It’s easy to tell because they’re like giant muppet eyebrows. They’re hard to miss.

I :bird: Portlandia

24 Likes

Thank you for the update, and all the hard work! I have no doubt that keeping the faith was, and continues to be, the correct choice. You’re about to make a lot of dreams come true. :grin:

8 Likes

In your video you say let us know in the comments below but comments were disabled when I was just there.

ROFL!

To you and @bailey … great job on the second Hello Glowforge vid.

7 Likes

Oops - comment here for now!

3 Likes

Thanks for the update! Much excite!

1 Like

8 Likes

Thank you @dan for another amazing update. It sounds like, despite all the regular process opportunities the team is facing there, things are still lining up well for shipping on time (at least no reason yet to expect additional delays). Apparently the suppliers missed the memo on getting them out for my birthday, so I guess I will wait on it.

I am glad you are so excited over this too, because you have a lot of forum members excited and looking forward to the big announcement.

3 Likes

Hmmmmm… My birthday is at the end of July!! One can only hope! :grin:

5 Likes

Is there any news on how owners can replace their own tubes?

1 Like

We’re going to be selling replacement tubes (per our last update). There were a lot of great suggestions about how to make it easier to get them installed - training information on how to service your Glowforge, local service centers, etc - but those are all requests in the hopper. We have no plans to do any of them as of yet. When we do, we’ll announce them in an update.

11 Likes

I’m guessing that picking up locally in Milpenis isn’t an option and shipping is mandatory…? (this is a question but I think it’s obvious, sadly.) Yes, I spelled the city correctly because it’s that what we call it.

1 Like

Unfortunately the folks at the factory wouldn’t know what to do if you showed up with your receipt and asked to take one home. (Although at least one of the technicians there is an owner, and was tickled pink that he got assigned to work on building his own Glowforge!)

22 Likes