Discussion of the May '17 Update

Just wondering, shouldn’t we be getting a June update soon @dan ? I have been reading cool stuff on the forum and saw topics about production units going out, seems like lots is going on.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing, but last months update was on the 10th, so maybe just a few days. Plus, he prolly is kinda busy, I would just like info on the Pro. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

it’s coming; he mentioned yesterday he was working on the text at the moment.

I looked. I did not see where @dan referenced he was working on the text. An update would be fantastic. Will we really need to wait a whole month or the next one? I would hope now that production has begun, we would see some Staff activity on the forum. I’m sure they are super busy, but a great deal of pressure should be off now that the keys have been handed to manufacturing.

I suspect it’s more torch passed to support with units getting into the first customer’s hands.

They’re probably busy double checking the detailed timeline and list of which serial numbers will ship by what date before releasing the update.

Well, one can dream. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, the software people still have a lot of work to do (on the Pro, the Design Catalog, etc.) and the hardware people are still working on the filter. And I’m sure they’re looking to make further improvements to their manufacturing and testing processes as they ramp up production. I’m sure everyone at Glowforge will be very busy for months to come.

2 Likes