Discussion of the November 2020 Update

Update posted here.

11 Likes

I can’t quote it, but there is a typo:

"We told everyone that we’re not putting our printers on sale, and that’s still true. But then we though - "

Thought is missing the final “t.”

5 Likes

This is all great news, and so many things to be thankful for!

1 Like

I got the email update, very nice… however:

Spilled milk, I suppose. I did learn the term “eggcorn”, which is cool. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The links to the pro passthrough don’t work. Takes me to the support site and even logged in it says that the page does not exist. https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047669153-Pro-Passthrough

1 Like

Wow, love the December file! I’ve been wanting to make one of those games!!

3 Likes

I had subscribed to premium a few days ago. The email said that I am able to get a 50% discount for premium for Black Friday and would be able to apply the discount code to my account. I see nothing that allows me to do so. Please help. Thank you!

Yes! I’m not sure of the process offhand - I’ll check for you and make sure there’s a reply posted here with the instructions.

Edit: andy added instructions below.

Thank you so much

Fixed!

Drat! Unfortunately email’s not as easy to edit.

Hi Scott! I’ll have the team look at that right away.

2 Likes

I’ve got some steps for you below.

To Add or Change a Coupon

1. Go to https://app.glowforge.com/ and sign in.
  2. At the top right of the Dashboard, click your printer’s name.
  3. Choose Settings> Purchase History > Manage Subscription.
  4. In the Manage Subscription window, click on your monthly subscription.
  5. In the Subscription Details window, click Edit Subscription.
  6. Enter the coupon Code - GF23579BFP and Click the arrow to apply it to your account
  7. Click Update Subscription
2 Likes

Unfortunately, when I click manage subscription it doesn’t do anything. Nothing loads or pops up.

I first signed out and back in.

Try turning off your adblocker if you’ve got one - I find it makes random things not work! (then turn it right back on again)

2 Likes

Hi- I am excited for all the new features. Could all these new updates be the reason my machine is still showing off-line? Been having issues and can’t get any support.

As this is the first time you’ve posted in the community, presumably you sent an email. You would have received an immediate auto-response. If you did not than either your email didn’t make it to them, or their email ended up in your spam filter. So first check there, if you don’t see it then you should open a new post in the Problems and Support section and let them, know when you emailed and that you didn’t receive the auto-response - and then (if you’d like) post the description of what isn’t working, and specifics on what you’ve tried.

1 Like

Thanks! I did send an email, but you’re probably right to check if it was received.

1 Like

I’ve ordered my glowforge last week and it won’t be here until Jan 17 2021… I’d like to benefit about the 50% premium but since I don’t have my glowforge yet I can’t get in the software and sign up… help help

The staff doesn’t monitor anything but the Problems & Support thread - you should either send them an email, or create a post in the P&S section.

Thank You so much! That worked.

1 Like