Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

So today my glowforge arrived… my wife looked out from the kitchen while washing dishes and there were these boxes just sitting out there.

About two hours AFTER she noticed it I got email from UPS saying that a package from glowforge had been delivered… and shortly after that I got the email from glowforge saying that it had shipped.

There was an email at the same time saying “Your first box is almost there! We want you to get started printing the minute your Glowforge arrives, so we’ve expedited your Proofgrade materials to ensure they arrive ahead of everything else.” UPS says it will be six days before the proofgrade materials arrive.

Which has not arrived yet… perhaps my proximity to the shipping origin made everything go out of sync.

Oh, and 2 out of the 4 box-lock handles were missing. One was completely opened and ready to pop off… ^_^;;

25 Likes

Oh, this is a Glowforge Pro, btw, order placed at 10:34am on the first day

9 Likes

Congratulations! And knowing you, I suspect you have some things to experiment on while awaiting the proofgrade…

3 Likes

Congrats! :grinning::sparkles::balloon::tada::confetti_ball::tanabata_tree:

2 Likes

Any update on what order days they are shipping now? I can’t see the banner for some reason.

If you dismiss the banner, i don’t think there is a way to force it back.

The link though is:

1 Like

Thanks!

Took ‘full power’ speed of 250 and 3 passes to cut through but I can probably go a little fater.

20% power at 500 speed did not cut through all the paper so will have to up the power a little bit cutting patterns in paper

Has very happy I got the pro because the particle board stock I was using was 2" too wide to fit in to the bed… but could slide it through just fine.

21 Likes

Another way to see the banner is to log out. The banner is there if you are not logged in.

Looks like they just did a global reset on the banner. That’s going to make a lot of people very happy.

1 Like

I thought I wanted it back but I could only stand it for about 10 minutes before dismissing it again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome news! So from email to delivered in about 12 days?

1 Like

10 days (including the weekend)

Got the glowforge email on Monday, August 28th. UPS delivered it on Thursday, September 7th.

Granted, I am in the SFBA so it just had to travel across the bay (which is probably why I got the shipping email after it had actually been delivered…)

5 Likes

Great news!

Actually they are being shipped from the factory in California

SFBA=San Fransisco Bay Area, which just “down the road” (or across the bay as he states) from the factory in Milpitas California.

3 Likes

Well that’s embarrassing.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I must have read the post too quickly :crazy_face:

4 Likes

YAY!!! I’m a Bay Area 1st day pro buyer waiting for my email. So happy to hear the date to delivery was so fast. Milpitas is about 45-60 mins from me.
I got my email yesterday, Sept. 8th, 2017.

5 Likes

That happened here in UK and the postal service has become much worse and increasingly unreliable…

3 Likes

Whilst I am not a fan of the privatisation of utilities, in the part of Scotland that I reside I have not noticed any difference in the service apart from the refusal of Royal Mail to carry toxic substances such as paints, batteries and solvents. I can’t remember having had anything “lost” in the post, but I’ve had items “lost” by carriers.

As long as our postal system is not eroded by relaxation of the legislation covering it, I , for one, will be quite happy.

1 Like

I know I’m not a regular contributor, but I suppose it would be helpful to those who are in my shoes (who don’t post/comment often but just browse the forum). I got my shipping notification email last Friday! I am beyond excited and can’t wait to get it in my hands! I purchased my GF around the 9th day of the campaign so suffice to say the shipping updates are spot on! Hopefully I’ll get it sooner than the “up to 6 weeks” since I live close to the manufacturing location in San Jose, CA. Huge thanks to @dan and all the staff for their hard-work and dedication!

19 Likes