Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

Any update on what order days they are shipping now? I can’t see the banner for some reason.

If you dismiss the banner, i don’t think there is a way to force it back.

The link though is:

1 Like

Thanks!

Took ‘full power’ speed of 250 and 3 passes to cut through but I can probably go a little fater.

20% power at 500 speed did not cut through all the paper so will have to up the power a little bit cutting patterns in paper

Has very happy I got the pro because the particle board stock I was using was 2" too wide to fit in to the bed… but could slide it through just fine.

21 Likes

Another way to see the banner is to log out. The banner is there if you are not logged in.

Looks like they just did a global reset on the banner. That’s going to make a lot of people very happy.

1 Like

I thought I wanted it back but I could only stand it for about 10 minutes before dismissing it again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome news! So from email to delivered in about 12 days?

1 Like

10 days (including the weekend)

Got the glowforge email on Monday, August 28th. UPS delivered it on Thursday, September 7th.

Granted, I am in the SFBA so it just had to travel across the bay (which is probably why I got the shipping email after it had actually been delivered…)

5 Likes

Great news!

Actually they are being shipped from the factory in California

SFBA=San Fransisco Bay Area, which just “down the road” (or across the bay as he states) from the factory in Milpitas California.

3 Likes

Well that’s embarrassing.:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I must have read the post too quickly :crazy_face:

4 Likes

YAY!!! I’m a Bay Area 1st day pro buyer waiting for my email. So happy to hear the date to delivery was so fast. Milpitas is about 45-60 mins from me.
I got my email yesterday, Sept. 8th, 2017.

5 Likes

That happened here in UK and the postal service has become much worse and increasingly unreliable…

3 Likes

Whilst I am not a fan of the privatisation of utilities, in the part of Scotland that I reside I have not noticed any difference in the service apart from the refusal of Royal Mail to carry toxic substances such as paints, batteries and solvents. I can’t remember having had anything “lost” in the post, but I’ve had items “lost” by carriers.

As long as our postal system is not eroded by relaxation of the legislation covering it, I , for one, will be quite happy.

1 Like

I know I’m not a regular contributor, but I suppose it would be helpful to those who are in my shoes (who don’t post/comment often but just browse the forum). I got my shipping notification email last Friday! I am beyond excited and can’t wait to get it in my hands! I purchased my GF around the 9th day of the campaign so suffice to say the shipping updates are spot on! Hopefully I’ll get it sooner than the “up to 6 weeks” since I live close to the manufacturing location in San Jose, CA. Huge thanks to @dan and all the staff for their hard-work and dedication!

19 Likes

I’m so excited for you! I can’t wait to see what you make.

2 Likes

Pro orders placed on Day 1 are still processing. It is September 12.

In one week, it will be the e mail deadline time @dan tentatively promised we would have our E mails by which would mark the 6 weeks from the date of 10/31 because we were all to have had our forges in our homes on or before Oct 31, per the original plan.

I feel like I should stay off this site and wait for the October update for the next excuse.
Seeing the PRO orders stuck on Day 1 for over a week is sorta…aggravating.
As a day 5 PRO purchaser I do not see that E mail arriving any time soon.

I have no confidence that we will even receive our forge this year if you want me to be totally honest. Of course we are going to wait, but I’ve got a bitter taste in my mouth and I don’t like it.

They should have: Day 1 BASIC. Day 1 PROS, Day 2 BASIC, Day 2 PRO’s processing. That would be the fair way of doing things but again that is just me and that is how I understood the company would be

Call me crazy, but in the almost two years since INTL orders were placed and paid to GF, by now I think that they should have had the system figured out how they were going to send each INTL order to their respective countries. They have had plenty of time to do R & D so they had to know INTL orders expected that as well. They are already missing out on the bonus’ that we get in the US.

GF should have had a box ready to put in for INTL orders, IE, the box they use now with the 4 handles INSIDE ANOTHER BOX, secured for sending outside the US.

I feel bad for those outside the U.S. I can’t even begin to understand the stress they feel as they wait for technology that may already be ubiquitous by the time it arrives. Taking the cash and telling INTL orders at the last minute they have to wait for their item because after almost 2 years, GF are still trying to figure out how to get their ducks in a row to send it to them? :frowning:

After the campaign, someone should have been assigned to gather all the INTL orders countries shipping processes, country codes, rules, etc and what would entail so they could also be ready and service everyone in queue. There is no real excuse that knowing that they had than more than a handful of INTL orders going out that this is actually an issue today in 2017.

Why am I going on about INTL orders? Because if I am getting exacerbated over the time it is taking to get to my Day 5 order to come up, than I want to make a point of recognizing them who are ahead of me in line as it keeps me in check. I think about them waiting on their vision to manifest as I am.

• as they are all in another boat for being outside the US

I do not want to cut anyone off, I just want the line to move.

Rant over
kicks away soapbox

7 Likes

@positiveforward, don’t get me wrong, I’m not a blind optimist, but I’ve seen this posted a few times and haven’t responded, but I have a little time right now so I’ll just reply to you. In theory, even if the emails have not gone out by September 19, that doesn’t mean they can’t still meet their deadline. The only units that have taken close to 6 weeks were those that came off the line just as they were starting up. Anecdotal evidence seems to indicate that two to three weeks is what we’re at now, and that could in theory speed up more. All I’m actually saying is don’t make too much of the “6 weeks” disclaimer. Now, am I willing to wager on everything being delivered, including international orders, by October 31… Well, I’m glad gambling isn’t a temptation I struggle with :wink:

5 Likes

Yah, but they would also have to adjust the e-mail. If you get your “Shipping” e-mail with only 4 weeks to go, the wording would need to adjust accordingly to stay on schedule.

If they are going to hit the target of actually having them delivered, they need to get off Day one. I just don’t see that many “Golden ticket” e-mails going out.

I’m loosing faith in a Glowy Halloween.

3 Likes