Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

One of the biggest perpetual drains on the Post Office is that they are congressionally mandated to pre-fund their future pension needs.

5 Likes

ding ding ding

That post also says that international orders were lagging at the beginning and support tickets (questions) had to be answered before intl buyers were willing to commit. So first few days was closer to 10%, but your point still stands. A bunch of people are bummed.

Hey there. So I did as Dan suggested and went up to my account. Under the ā€˜Purchase Historyā€™ it shows my order number, cost etc. But there is no purchase date, it is just a blank space. Is there a way that I can find out what you folks think my purchase date is? I have my original receipt so I know what the date is, I would like to know what your system thinks the date is so that we are in sync. Thanks for the help.
David

Ahhh, so that is probably why the order number doesnā€™t match as well. Thanks for the info. I figure I will probably get the unit someday, but that day may be a long way off. I was pretty much at the end of the pre-order campaign with my purchase.

David

1 Like

It just occurred to me that GF is now shipping day 8, but I didnā€™t know what the distribution was in terms of how many units were sold each day. I just looked up a press release that said nearly half were sold in the final five days. Which means until they reach day 25, they still havenā€™t shipping half of the kickstarters. And mine was WAY after the campaign. sigh BE PATIENT, ME! Glad to see so many shipping though.

6 Likes

Iā€™ll be flabbergasted when they ship 1 kickstarter unit.

5 Likes

In most crowd funding and retail sales events, there is a sales surge in the first few days (mostly for being first, but also fear of the item being sold out), then sales slow to a trickle, then pick back up and then the mass of sales is at the end, so that doesnā€™t surprise me.

Iā€™d expect we see the day shipping date jump very soon, not just because they ramped up production, but because fewer units were sold in the middle of the campaign.

3 Likes

Being squareley in the middle Iā€™m hoping for both to happen together. Pro shipping is still lagging. They donā€™t even seem to be halfway through day one!

They might be half way through day one with emails but not with actual deliveries or even dispatches. Even with basics the emails are far ahead of actual dispatches which are working through day 3. Nothing points to them being remotely on schedule.

1 Like

That would be something interesting since they were never on kickstarterā€¦

okay, letā€™s correct that from kickstarters to ā€œinitial 30 day crowdfunding campaignā€

1 Like

Well that was my amusement for the day

5 Likes

Yaā€¦ I watched that twice and let my brain enjoy thinking about the effects of gravity.

That was fun.

5 Likes

I watched that gif for WAY too long

8 Likes

Congratulations on receiving your email!

2 Likes

So today my glowforge arrivedā€¦ my wife looked out from the kitchen while washing dishes and there were these boxes just sitting out there.

About two hours AFTER she noticed it I got email from UPS saying that a package from glowforge had been deliveredā€¦ and shortly after that I got the email from glowforge saying that it had shipped.

There was an email at the same time saying ā€œYour first box is almost there! We want you to get started printing the minute your Glowforge arrives, so weā€™ve expedited your Proofgrade materials to ensure they arrive ahead of everything else.ā€ UPS says it will be six days before the proofgrade materials arrive.

Which has not arrived yetā€¦ perhaps my proximity to the shipping origin made everything go out of sync.

Oh, and 2 out of the 4 box-lock handles were missing. One was completely opened and ready to pop offā€¦ ^_^;;

25 Likes

Oh, this is a Glowforge Pro, btw, order placed at 10:34am on the first day

9 Likes

Congratulations! And knowing you, I suspect you have some things to experiment on while awaiting the proofgradeā€¦

3 Likes

Congrats! :grinning::sparkles::balloon::tada::confetti_ball::tanabata_tree:

2 Likes