Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

Mini Makerfaire Seattle this weekend.

I met with Dan at the Seattle Mini Maker Faire this weekend and he confirmed that Glowforge is still on track to ship the 30-day pre-orders by the end of October.

Also, it was nice to see a working Glowforge Pro in operation. The booth was packed when I brought my boys over for a visit!

10 Likes

Oh that’s good! Wasn’t sure they would try to bring a Pro to one of the Faires! (Maybe since that one is pretty close to home.) :grinning:

1 Like

Did it have the shields?

1 Like

Hey, do you guys with the Pro production units have the shields yet? Or are those still under construction?

It did. The Glowforge Pro was happily making things for attendees who were watching without glasses.

6 Likes

Hrmm, I thought the shields were going to be shipped later. Cool if that did arrive with the unit.

No shields. To be delivered later.

1 Like

not yet, had to make signs.

11 Likes

Oooh! Love the signs! Do you have an “In-Use” light on the door to the laser room?

3 Likes

Hmm. I should incorporate those into No Trespassing signs. Much better than purple paint.

3 Likes

Better to have “Death from Killer Laser Inside” sign.

And when they stick their head in to see the Killer Laser, fire water pistols at them.

6 Likes

Sounds like a great security measure! :rofl:

For now, I have a battery-powered led puck light that sticks onto the sign.
This is kinda like what I want eventually:
_300x448_bunker-giant-vintage-lamp-altbeau-small2

5 Likes

hrm… i actually have one of those. in brass. but it’s earmarked for the back porch after we tear it down and rebuild it.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize that was you! :slight_smile:

Yes! With Pro Shields, we can do that now.

13 Likes

I have ZERO faith that both the preorders will ship by end of October. ZERO.

5 Likes

We can Dan is replying it would be nice if he let us know what’s going on.

Nope, it seems to clearly be a lack of transparency. @dan recently promised weekly updates, and despite that has provided none. Or worse, it’s not a lack of transparency they have been updating… but the company has made zero progress. Which is it, @Dan? Lack of transparency, or two weeks and not a single day’s progress on either basic or pro units? What gives?

I’m sorry, I don’t know what you’re referring to?

1 Like