Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

No October update for the moment.
No mail sent on 9/29/2017…I hope there will be some (good) news today…

2 Likes

I was just checking too but just realized a lot of the updates were sent well into the month :slightly_frowning_face: I’m impatient so I hope they’ll have one sooner rather than later!

1 Like

It’s ludicrous that they hold to a monthly update schedule at this point. Product is shipping, it’s not that hard to throw out a weekly crumb to keep those of us still waiting happy.

4 Likes

Hey look at that! Hi @espen_svebak! :wink: You’re the first in the Google sheet marked as INT’L! I’m supposed to be second.

DAMN LONG DELAYS! So in Aug 29 they said “INTL ORDERS SHIPPING SOON” and so far NO INTL EMAILS HAVE BEEN SENT?

Is that so?

2 Likes

Yes no international emails yet. There was one shipped to Hawaii so I presume that went by air but doesn’t need any approvals, which seem to be the sticking point.

Well at least it was a test drive for “air handling” although it seems “road handling” is even worse lol

@dan Time for one final update prior to the magic 31 October date so many of us have been waiting for. Topics certainly would include international orders, distribution channels for Glowforge after the current backlog of preorders have been satisfied, status of air filter - software features for Pro owners - and other product enhancements - etc.

Thanks in advance for the info. :glowforge::sunglasses:

3 Likes

There are several updates (edition of post) during the month but the first message is generaly posted at the end of the previous month…

I was looking at the dates in the Announcements category…April 6, May 10, June 7, etc. Some were early but a lot seem to be in the first week of the month.

Just posting an update… or lack there of an update since I got my golden ticket 2 weeks ago.

I thought, or hoped I would have at least gotten the tracking number by now, since a lot of people who got their emails in Aug/Sept seem to be getting their GF in 2-3 weeks (according to the GDoc).

I did receive my Proofgrade package a few days ago, however.

It is more like 4 weeks to dispatch recently. Given shipping seems to take over a week they are only just within the six week deadline. I think that is why they had the pause in emails to allow dispatches to catch up so they didn’t go over six weeks.

1 Like

I’ve just checked the last 3 months months. When new are good, update is posted previous.
If it’s bad, it’s during the month…

What is logical enough finally
It takes time to check and announce the bad news
(or rather, when we have a good to announce, we do it as soon as possible …)

In short, I am not reassured when approaching October news, like other INTL customers i suppose…

1 Like

Yea, I’m sure you’re probably correct… I was still hoping!

I have a craft show coming up at the end of the month and I’m hoping to get my GF in time to churn out a few things for the show… but its going to be cutting it close.

Anyway, I was just posting to share any progress I have.

That’s what annoys me as well. Imagine the uproar if GF had said “All shipments starting soon” more than a month ago and left it at that - no more information, not to mention the “free warranty repairs (free being about 1/4 the price of the machine for shipping again)” and “no free tube replacement shipping for you”. Besides, the two year warranty that’s being generously offered is the law in Switzerland, they couldn’t offer less even if they wanted to.

I really do feel like a second class customer here, and I’m surprised there’s not more complaints about it.

Well, there’s mine for a start. Lacking a “venting” forum, I’m posting it here. Anyway, I’d be willing to bet that the first internationals (beyond maybe a token “we sent one person an email so we can say we’re on schedule” - cf. that one first pro email…) won’t ship this month…

Really getting fed up at this stage. Yeah yeah, I know I can get a refund. No, I won’t.

4 Likes

I don’t think Glowforge are required to provide any warranty outside the US. If you import a device yourself, then warranty issues will be on you. You can’t enforce Swiss law against a company who isn’t operating in Switzerland.

It’s the same in NZ - a one year warranty is laughable - but NZ law doesn’t apply to Glowforge so I’m quite glad they’re being generous enough to offer a warranty at all :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you serve a country directly, you’re operating that country. At least that’s how EU laws work…

1 Like

Not entirely sure about that.

Under Australian Consumer Law (as i understand it, and i am no lawyer and it is not the wife’s specialty) if you buy an item offered with a Warranty then that item, whether bought OS or in-country is covered. One then has the choice to chase the company down under their own jurisdiction (which is a great way to waste money) or through the Australian system.

Now admittedly NZ is not Australia (just an unrecognised Australian state :grin: ) but i cannot see it being any different

1 Like

Yup, that is how i read it

That’s how the Swiss law works as well. In one specific case, Apple have tried to offer a one year warranty on iDevices and have been told in no uncertain terms that they can’t.

That’s because Apple operates in Switzerland and wants to continue doing so. Glowforge does not operate in Switzerland and I would be surprised if you could successfully enforce a Swiss warranty law against them. Much better if they simply offer it willingly to all users of their product :slight_smile:

2 Likes