Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

I like this idea, but I went back and calculated mine: I ordered on Day 374 :confused:
Maybe they will really start ramping up and jump ahead rather quickly. I would imagine there is a huge queue of people that ordered in the first few days, or even in the first 30 days, and then there is a huge gap of trickling in for others.

4 Likes

In the 30 days campaign about 9000 GF have been soldā€¦ I think iā€™m the 8999th so my situation isnā€™t too different from yours.
Once the crowfunding campaign ended the units sold per day probably decreased a lot for a few months.
You may have to wait a lot less than me!

2 Likes

Good update, although for anyone that bought a Pro on day 1 the shipping update is kinda meaningless, even if that had started being shared on day one of shipping.

I suppose if it ticks to day 2 and I havenā€™t gotten an email, Iā€™ll at least know I missed something, but other than that not really new informationā€¦

1 Like

Unfortunately, I was not in the 30 Day Canpaign. I was in their ā€œPre-releaseā€ campaign, but not the crowdfunding one.

I put the silica in canvas bags at the bottom so that there is about 1" of silica under all my filaments (in an airtight rubbermaid)

2 Likes

Thanks Tom! That would make sense. But I canā€™t see that yet, becauseā€¦my GF is still in its box! :sob: (Iā€™m just about ready to move, and I donā€™t have a good spot to put in here in my rental!). And yes, it is driving me mad :joy:

7 Likes

Ouch! That would indeed be uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not yet available to everyone, but you can see it when your unit is ready for shipment.

We can provide support for Adobe Illustrator and Inkscape, so we recommend those.

We havenā€™t announced anything about that.

You shouldnā€™t store your Glowforge in humidity over 75%.

I believe about 40, and we havenā€™t shared future design plans.

We can only speak to the material we sell, which is available up to 0.25". If you start a separate thread in the Beyond the Manual section, youā€™ll get lots of cool stories about cutting much thicker.

Great idea!

4 Likes

As with so many things, that is actually my fault.

It was a long night when we prepared that. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks Dan and Glowforge team! This has been the most informative update so far. Thereā€™s a light at the end of the tunnel, and I hope itā€™s not a train, LOL. I canā€™t wait to find my ā€œDo you want your Glowforgeā€ email sometime in November.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been fiddling with the catan files that Glowforge released a while ago.

The files donā€™t appear to be optimized for the Glowforge. Most of the images have wanted a little modification. I couldnā€™t get the pdf to print, so I imported into Illustrator. Even then, I couldnā€™t get the brick and sheep to go; though that may very well have been due to the cloud services outages yesterday more than the complexity of the file.
IMG_8332
The art really is beautiful.
IMG_8333
I made some new circles to distinguish sixes and nines, and will probably fiddle with a few other elements of the file. The 2:1 ports, for example.
IMG_8334

These are just tests at cutting.
I will probably try with some inlay, paint, stain, different woods, and such embellishments before suggesting to myself that Iā€™m done with the project.

16 Likes

I fully support the idea of Glowcon 2018. :glowforge:

7 Likes

Hey, I noticed the banner updated again! Shipping day 7 basics? Theyā€™re almost into October! Or is this old news? Haha.

6 Likes

Oh, Iā€™m not complaining! It was just the OCD board gaming nerd coming out :-). I am so excited to see the official licensed board! :+1:

1 Like

With regard to international shipments coming soon.
Do we have a working definition for the word, soon?:smiley:

7 Likes

Question, and please forgive me if itā€™s already been asked and answered:
If we wanted to sell our designs in the design catalog, how do we go about doing it? Is there a submission form?

3 Likes

A process that hasnā€™t been announced yet.

3 Likes

I just noticed this tooā€¦ so excited as I ordered on day 10ā€¦ I hope to get my email by next week. Would be awesome to get my GF by the end of the month!

1 Like

Iā€™m figuring that you will receive your Glowforge on your 2 year anniversary ā€¦ ie., mine was ordered on 15 October --> naturally it will arrive on the 15th of October ā€¦ only 44 days and a wakeup left!

:glowforge::sunglasses:

2 Likes

The latest update says they are now shipping basic orders from day 7 but I placed my order at 2:22am of day 4 and still havenā€™t received tracking.

1 Like