Discussion of the September 2017 update (OLD)

After re-reading that, I’m going to revise this…shipping means starting the contact process here. You get the tracking once the unit has been built. The tracking information might be coming from the factory.

4 Likes

And if you don’t hear back from them (you should receive an automated email with a case number fairly quickly), then post this question in Problems and Support category, they do monitor that.

Do you mean by that you have gotten the “do you want your Glowforge” email, and filled out the delivery address, but have not received UPS tracking info?

Or do you mean you haven’t gotten the “Do you want your Glowforge” email?

If the latter, yes contact Support. If you are just waiting on the UPS info, you’re already in the shipping process that the update talks about.

I got the “do you want your glowforge” email but the banner says shipping orders placed on day 7. my order is on day 4 and either has not shipped or has shipped and I haven’t gotten tracking. I’m leaning towards has not shipped. I emailed support and got the standard “up to six weeks from the email” response but after everything that’s gone on I want straight answers. If they are shipping day 7 orders then all day 4,5, and 6 orders should be shipped …

1 Like

Let me rephrase for them then - they are sending emails asking people if they want their Glowforges based on those who ordered on Day 7. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Well that’s not what the word “shipping” means and after all the delays and slipped dates it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I wish they would just say what’s actually happening. “Now sending out notification emails for day 7” instead of “We’re currently shipping US Basic orders placed on Day 7”

4 Likes

I’m sure it’s here somewhere, but I don’t know how to search for it and it’s a long thread. I see that GF is currently on day 7, but I don’t readily know the date for day 1, so I don’t know what day my order was on. Can someone help a tired brother out? :slight_smile:

Here it does. And I’ve seen plenty of other places do similar things. “Item is shipped” it isn’t really but we made a label for it.

1 Like

September 24th was Day One. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

day one is 9/24/2015

“Shipping” was announced during Bay Area Maker Faire in May. That meant they sent emails asking customers if they would want their basic shipped now, even though some of the advertised features weren’t ready. You are correct. I’d say everyone looking at that announcement would say, “There are Glowforges on the truck to be delivered.” Evidently “shipping” in this case means, “we are going to start the shipping process by asking if you want a Glowforge now and where would we ship it.” Lots of hearty discussion about this doublespeak on the forums took place.

Sorry that you have to wade through this issue and I hope you get your Glowforge soon. I too have gotten the “Do you want your Glowforge now” email. It will come for sure, sooner than six weeks if it follows what the other notifications have said.

I had one of the first pre-release Glowforges and I enjoyed it so much. I have no doubt that I’ll get a great laser for what I paid for it in the pre-order campaign. I am so looking forward to my forever forge and I guarantee that I will be posting up a storm of Made on the Glowforge items.

10 Likes

Hopefully the above-linked message sheds more light on what “shipping” means here in GlowforgeLand.

3 Likes

Lots of shifting sands in GlowforgeLand

Thanks, Jules!

It seems like it would be easier if they just referred to the date I would think. Thank you for helping me remember! I’ll make a note! Appreciate you!

3 Likes

My pleasure! (Had to look it up myself the other day - couldn’t remember when I ordered either.) :smile:

2 Likes

Glowforge land has its own dictionary.

Shipping means sending an email…
Speed is not distance moved per second.
Power is not wattage or even a percentage of full power.

Align it perfectly & see what it will look like before you hit print.

Means give or take 1/4".

6 Likes

Is it just me or is this the only place on the planet where “Shipping” means the product hasn’t been built yet?

11 Likes

They should just say what it is

1 Like

Under their logic they can send emails to everyone and say all glowforge shipped

3 Likes

The fact that they “could” and the fact that they haven’t oughta say something. No?

8 Likes