Distorted engrave - like a paper printer jamming

What makes this happen?!

20210117_193418|375x500

The carriage plate bumping into something on each pass (a holddown pin sticking up too high?), or debris on the rails would be my first guess. Any chance either of those things could be happening?

2 Likes

By debris on rail do you mean tiny wood pieces or enough gunk to cause slippage? The rails are a bit dirty. Could that cause like a stutter? 2nd run came out fine.

The hitting something wouldn’t be from clips. There were none. Was a fresh 1/4 flat board. Nothing too high in there. Tray is in proper position

Was the position of the material in the right front? Something bumped the head so it lost calibration.
It has happened to me once when the head bumped the far-right/front.

I’m sorry to see that a print came out like that.

Please also let us know the date and time of the print (including time zone) so we can look into the issue.

Hello @shefflab, it been a few days since we heard from you. Are you still having trouble with your print results? If so, could you let us know the date and time of the print from your photo? We’ll be happy to take a look and try to determine the cause of the issue.

If things are fine now, please let us know that too and we’ll close this thread. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.