Dodecahedron Project

Can you share that blend (ratio of the oils)? We have a friend who just got a 3/4 inch chunck cut out near his eye ( on the side not below).

How close to the eye?

(edit: Iā€™ll give it to you, but if itā€™s too close to the eye I need to give you a more dilute formula.)

1 Like

Side of templeā€¦maybe an inch possible less. Probably would want to keep some distance to eyeā€¦

Okay, I need to do a couple of calculationsā€¦make sure he doesnā€™t apply this any closer to the eye than an inch, and farther than that if he has eye wrinkles that might carry the oil into the lid area.

The oil will work if applied to the area farthest away from the eye, he just needs to let it absorb into the skinā€¦it will distribute itself where itā€™s needed.

4 drops Helichrysum (italicum)
2 drops Geranium
4 drops Frankincense (carteri)
2 drops Copaiba
2 drops Calendula

30 ml (1 ounce) bottle, then fill with aloe vera oil.

You donā€™t want to get this too close to the eye - near the scar is close enough - it will just take a little longer to heal.

7 Likes

Are those Home Depot black friday container deals? They look like the ones I picked up - wish i had a shop to store em like that :slight_smile:

Did you get the blood stains off the handle? Are they all painted differently, or different woods (or both)

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

My pleasure! :slightly_smiling_face:

Wishing speed healing to youā€¦thatā€™s so scary!

Which containers are you referring to?

• Top Left: OLD tool set my parents got me in College from Walmart I believe
  • Middle Left: 2 PBX containers that interlock with each other, not sure where I picked them up, I think HD
  • Bottom Left: Router bits picked up on Amazon (AWESOME price for the set (~$80 for set of 50 bits with aluminum case with built-in foam storage), and when the cheaper bits wear out, I can replace them with better bits and have storage all ready for them!)
  • Top Right: Black and Decker 18v drill case
  • Middle Right: various bits
  • Bottom Right: Hammer Drill I picked up from someone who was downsizing their shop

No blood on the handle or the tool. Clean cut that seemed to hesitate before bleeding, gave me enough time to get inside and to a sink before too much blood started appearing. Iā€™ll say that having calluses from playing guitar helped me in this case.

The handles were made from four different woods in my scrap pile. Top left: Bloodwood, Bottom Left: Purpleheart, Top Right: Wenge, Bottom Right: Leopardwood (this is the one I was working on when I got cut).

1 Like

Thanks! Iā€™ve ordered the oil that @Jules suggested and it should arrive sometime this week (24th - 27th even after paying extra for expedited delivery). Iā€™ve been liberally applying Hydrogen peroxide, neosporin and holding it closed with a butterfly bandaid, regular bandaid, and medical tape to make sure it all stays put. There seems to be no infection around the area, and the sensitivity is very minimal (I work computers by day and I can use the finger to type this message back to you!)

Goal is for speedy and complete recovery so I can continue playing guitar for my Pirate Band.

2 Likes

Is this mixture for already existing scars?

It will keep scar tissue from forming if you use it soon after an injury, or minimize it if it is very deep, and it works to reduce old established scars as well.

It gives your body what it needs to prevent or repair a scar. You can start using it once it arrives, it doesnā€™t have to be applied immediately after an injury. (You have to wait for the scab to fall off before applying it directly to the cut anyway.)

your last comment there is giving me pause.

My cut still looks like a cut, no scab at all yet (I can squeeze the skin and the cut opens like a little mouth). So you are saying that I will need to wait until the skin has adhered together before applying the oil? Iā€™ve never done anything like this before, so please explain so I donā€™t screw something up :slight_smile:

Edit: I see that you are commenting about the Helichrysum, Geranium, Frankincense, Copaiba, and Calendula, aloe mixture. THAT is the scar removing formula. You suggested the Helichrysum and Grapeseed oil for healing (pre-scab to scab stage), right?

Just donā€™t put the oil directly into the open cut. Wait until the skin closes before you apply the oil to the top of it. Leave the butterfly bandage on it and quit opening it up to look at it.

Before that stage, apply the oil around it. Not IN it.

You have a deep cut that will not form a large raised scar, and you probably are not as concerned with appearance on your hand. What you do need to be concerned with is the nerve damage. The helichrysum is the active ingredient for preventing scarring and providing nerve support, so there is a slightly higher concentration of that in the formula I gave you. If you start using that the scar probably wonā€™t even form.

The other formula is for facial use - itā€™s more dilute and the added ingredients have skin healing properties as well, because scarring on the face is highly visible. Calendula and Geranium will regenerate and heal skin - and that type of injury is one where a large chunk of flesh was removed, so itā€™s going to be needed. Copaiba is an inexpensive amplifier for the other oils. Frankincense is anti-tumor.

You can use the second formula if you are concerned about appearance and not healing, but it is expensive to buy all of the oils for it, and it probably isnā€™t going to be needed in your case. The Helichrysum, (which runs about $200 an ounce), should be enough to keep a large scar from forming in your case, and will hopefully help regenerate the nerves that might have been cut.

If you want to buy all of the other oils, you canā€¦but for immediate healing, unless itā€™s on a highly visible place like the face, I usually just recommend the helichrysum. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s what happened to me. I saw the tip on the counter and then I looked at the finger and really thought - damn, thatā€™s gonna hurt. And then the blood started. Kind of like that vertical spurting fountain at Epcot :slight_smile: Freaked my daughter because I left a fair mess in the kitchen sink and faucet handle while I tried to stopper it with another finger and ran to the bathroom for my first aid supplies. Left a decent amount of blood there too while I was bandaging. Hard to do that one handed with a severing injury because you canā€™t just close the wound.

Whatā€™s funny is my daughter wants to be a doc. Fortunately for her she wants to work on dead people though. The blood doesnā€™t gush on them :smile:

2 Likes

They probably donā€™t smell too good thoughā€¦:slight_smile:

Nope. When I was doing my EMT training the autopsy demo had about 50% drop-out (falldown) from people losing it from the smell. Not so bad when theyā€™re sealed up but once you cut into people, they really can be pretty stinky.

3 Likes

I canā€™t ā€œLikeā€ this one either! :confounded:

2 Likes

This was all made with material that I had in the shop. Someone had given me a sheet of 1/2 in plywood and I was trying to figure out a use for it, and this came to mind. Drew it up in Sketchup on one day, built it entirely the next day.

3 Likes

Working on a few concepts and trying to figure out how to make joints that are not right angles. Ran across this. A jig for laser cutting angled edges. dont think it will work in the GF thoughā€¦ :confused:

8 Likes