Does running the camera alignment remove snap marks?

We use, and love, our Snap Marks and we have not run the camera calibration procedure because we are concerned that we will lose our snap marks in the process.

Is that the case or can we have our cake and eat it too?

Thanks for any input you can give us.

I believe you can have your cake and eat it, too. Enjoy.

6 Likes

@dklgood speaks the truth, running the camera alignment doesn’t do a thing to your snapmarks except make them a little less necessary.

Before you run it, make sure you have a VERY flat piece of material to use. (they tell you to use draftboard but any flat board that is the full size of the tray works) This is critical and caused me problems. The flater you have the better your results.

3 Likes

It was helpful to me to run a “Before” & “After” with pictures for a side by side comparison to gauge the improvement.

3 Likes

I still had mine after calibration! I dont use snapmarks as often since alignment worked really well.

1 Like

Hurrah, it sounds like we’ll get to keep the snapmarks even after the alignment. Thank you so much to everyone who responded. Happy creating!

3 Likes

To be clear- they are saying they didn’t go away after running the calibration, BUT snapmarks were always a beta feature, and there’s no guarantee they won’t be removed at any time.

I sure hope not - I like the feature a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.