Does tile ever get old?

My recent therapy as included applying myself to stuff I have always enjoyed. (Depression sucks, and can even suck the joy out of your favorite hobbies). So I went back to some of my basics. Hello ReStore and tile…

And since scores and cuts on white tile don’t show so well…

Same image, but engraved.

Surely no intro needed for this one…

Trivet for a friend (who loves all things moose) and her husband. (Shhh…she doesn’t know.)

Engraving on marble…

Add some color (loving copic markers for some things)

And an autumn delight…

51 Likes

No, tile doesn’t get old!

Wonderful stuff.

6 Likes

All looks great

3 Likes

2 edits, missed 2 designs. Don’t miss them.

2 Likes

That tree has got some beautiful colors! (Sigh! And I know how much Copics cost.) :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Yeah, got an assorted package of the cheapest I could find, using for coloring tile and leather.

1 Like

These are all perfectly lovely. Tile is also one of my favorite mediums. Nice job!

2 Likes

I love marble, but it is very limited. Still, I have a 12" marble square that is just waiting for a worthy image.

3 Likes

Yes depression sucks. Thanks for lifting our spirits with the photos of your lovely work.

3 Likes

I spent 5 minutes on the Japanese woodcut archive, and now I have to get more white tile. I think some of those black and white will vector VERY well for a clean engrave to a glazed tile. Insert ink, amazing results. Maybe I will be able to get some good white tiles from ReStore, again. Hard to beat $0.25/tile.

4 Likes

I agree with @bwente! Tile never gets old. I’m addicted to the stuff.

3 Likes

These all turned out very nice!

1 Like

16¢ for a 4x4 white glazed tile from Home Depot :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m going to do some trivets for the holiday - 8x8 or 6x6 tiles or 4x4s in a group of 4 in a frame. Glue a cork bottom to keep things cool and voila an alternative to coasters :wink:

2 Likes

yeah, 4X4 can be cheaper at home depot, but that $0.25/tile applies to 6X6, 10X10, 12X12, and larger.

2 Likes

Occupational therapy in the home shop gets quick results and is much cheaper. Plus hanging out with folks on the forum gives lots of encouragement and inspiration.

4 Likes

Cool. Our local Re-store doesn’t have them very often. Seems more and more use of larger panels - the sheets of small ones.

1 Like

yeah, and mosaics cost more there.

1 Like

Fantastic work! I especially love the tree and rabbit! Nicely done!

Wow! I only wish the engraves didn’t take quite so long. What’s the lowest lpi people have been able to make work? (I tried defocused and vector, but nothing doing with that)

1 Like

I’ve done default 225. That’s most, if not all, of these.

2 Likes