Dog Bowl Stand - Single, Medium

Dog Bowl Stand Okay, so I’ve had my Glowforge for a little over a month now. I am finally at the level I can contribute something here. I needed stands for my dogs’ bowls, 'cuz I was tired of looking at them sitting on cardboard boxes (hubby’s idea). This is a single bowl stand for a 6.5" diameter bowl (medium-size dogs) . My dogs have a running water fountain, so I just needed singles for food.

I used .5" select pine (planed to that size). I made the legs on Gallery - Boxes.py to get the finger joints right for .5" wood, and then edited the svg file for the cutouts. The rest of the file I made based on my bowl measurement. The stand is 5.5" high. I connected the tops to the legs with dowel joints & glue. After assembly, I sanded the edges, corners, & joints, and stained. Finally, I did a couple coats of polyurethane to protect the wood from moisture.

The svg file has the top and two legs. You have to cut two more legs.

Dog Bowl Stand.cdr (260.1 KB)
Dog Bowl StandDog Bowl Stand

90 Likes

If you want to make your design bigger than it currently is
go back into edit and find where it says “[image|15x10]” and make it 300 x 200 or something similar :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s lovely. I started designing one, but never actually finished! Good on you for getting to a final product :slight_smile:
Also your puppies are beautiful

2 Likes

Yes, I tried to upload the svg file, but it’s not showing up. Not sure what I’m doing wrong.

And glowforge wouldn’t let me upload the pdf. I’ll keep working on it.

Sorry, I’m still tech-challenged. Just learned this svg editing stuff in the past month… stay tuned…

2 Likes

Ah - the part that I blurred is the answer to the .svg not showing up - it was there, it was just tiny!

Yeah, I read what you posted, but I’m not seeing how to increase the size…

That’s great! I wish I could make one for my dog but I don’t have a pass through. it needs to be 28" high. The joys of being owned by a great dane! LOL

7 Likes

Click on the pencil icon to edit
Click on upload and add your .svg (you’ve already done this part)
Then after it’s done uploading you’ll see it will have added a size tag (probably at 15x10)
Edit that size tag to something significantly larger

7 Likes

@deirdrebeth thanks for the help! I think I got it now!
@designvh619 I had that problem with a box I was making and split the pieces in the svg file and joined them to make pieces larger than my Plus can handle. It’s a bit of work on the design end (especially if you are a novice designer like me ), but it can be done.
book box split bottom

2 Likes

That’s cool. Not a novice but the more I thought about it the more I thought what I have is fine for him. LOL

1 Like

How very kind of you to share—thanks!

3 Likes

Practical cuts shared with the community. Nice! Also, cute dog.

2 Likes

Try https://www.zamzar.com/ for all sorts of conversions. It has been my go to for many years.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing this file

1 Like

Perhaps Inkscape?
It can open .cdr and save as .svg.
Whether or not correctly, IDK.

hi I am very new … it will not let me download pattern for dog bowl… thank you Mary Ann

1 Like

how do I down load … I am very new… I love it… thank you Mary Ann

@pinky_9103 right click on the picture and save as svg file. As you are new, I’ll point out that you must use this file on .5" wood, or the finger joints won’t be right. Each kind of wood needs its own settings, so be sure to make some test cuts in whatever you plan to use.

1 Like