Dog Tag Engraving Jig

Had to make a way to hold more than one at a time. Came up with this. The tag sits exactly flush with the top and the height is .25 in. Works perfectly! I should have engraved the Height = 0.25” though. I guess I can’t think of everything.

34 Likes

Very nice jig! Is it lined with cork sheeting?

3 Likes

Yes. The cork is just the right thickness to make the tags flush with the top. They’re actually 4 inch square pieces of cork with adhesive on one side. I cut those separately and then placed them in the jig.

6 Likes

Awesome. I have those same cork squares, which I bought to use on the back of tile coasters. Wonderful idea.

3 Likes

Excellent idea and double-sided ones will be easy with this!

4 Likes

What a great jig! The cork is genius!!!

4 Likes

Can I ask where you purchased the dog tags? I bought a couple but never could get an engrave to show up.

2 Likes

Here they are!

Bulk Anodized Aluminium Metal Military GI Dog Tags https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V59WZD8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_8AFM5TK3RGSVK7DA6WPS?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

This is fantastic. Thanks so much!

1 Like

Where did you get the cork? And a brand? Did you cut the cork out to fit in each jig?

1 Like

It’s from Amazon. They are 4 inch squares with one sticky side. I could cut 4 little rectangles out of each one to go into the jig. Here’s the link.

Apipi 40 Pack Self-Adhesive Cork Squares - 4"x 4" Cork Backing Sheets Mini Wall Cork Tiles for Coasters and Christmas DIY Crafts Supplies Amazon.com: Apipi 40 Pack Self-Adhesive Cork Squares - 4"x 4" Cork Backing Sheets Mini Wall Cork Tiles for Coasters and Christmas DIY Crafts Supplies: Home & Kitchen

3 Likes

Thanks

This is amazing…I am going to attempt to make a jig, but not sure what program to use to make my “boxes”. Just what I am looking for to get them consistant

I put the jig in the free files section.

1 Like