Dolls need furniture too!

I think you may start a new industry! Well done!

6 Likes

I would think there is a market for exactly this.
Great work…

4 Likes

Pretty innovative pieces there. Awesome.

1 Like

So cool! My favorites are those acrylic pieces…especially the wardrobes with the drawers. Nice work!

2 Likes

Wow, really great work. That first one is just amazing!

2 Likes

These are some pretty lucky dolls!

1 Like

They look very delicate - how thick is the material?

1 Like

My inner child is covetous.

1 Like

That’s some great design work! And your photo setups are great! Clearly you have an eye!

2 Likes

@Bernie These are fantastic! I have yet to experiment with acrylic tabs that friction fit, but am getting better with my solvent cement application skills :slight_smile: I was curious as to how you you are getting the door hinges to work? Are they simply tabs going into a round hole at the top and bottom?

Hi @sqw - I used quarter inch acrylic - but they are very stable, I was surprised as well after the first trial build… with the tabs & slots being quite tight it holds everything together neatly…

1 Like

Hi @pho - the doors indeed have small tabs (same as the thickness of the material) and then fit neatly in a little round hole at the top and the bottom… And then I also had to create a small cutout on the sides of the shelves where the door bumped into them otherwise the doors were scratching the shelves :slight_smile: But with Fusion360 that’s all quite the breeze (once one learns that tool of course!)

My 2 biggest struggles were the following:

• the variations in thickness between different acrylic sheets and even within 1 and the same sheet -> so I take a lot of measurements (8 per sheet, 3 at top & bottom each, 2 on the sides) and then average them out. As the closet, for example, requires 4 sheets, I then select sheets with closely matching average thickness.
  • getting the kerf right -> getting tighly fitting tabs requires the kerf to be measured very closely -> I used the template @BobV HOWTO: Kerf Measurement and Jig (Thank you BobV for that!!!) - and then take 3 measurements for “A” (top, bottom and middle) and average those out - then the B measurement gets deducated and divided by 10 -> this gave me a perfect fit!!
3 Likes

@brokendrum - you are right - we have indeed sold a few of them on eBay - there are indeed some collectors out there who like them :slight_smile:

@Tom_A - the setup and pics are not my work - we did get a little photo booth to make the pictures - makes the lighting very good for this kind of detail…

1 Like

@Bernie The variations in thickness is really annoying, but I’m learning thats the nature of the beast with all materials. I like your methods for averaging them out, I’m going to have to give that a try. I’m also going to try out the jig as well (thanks @BobV). Thanks again for sharing!

Barbie style Ikea flatpack. I dig it.

I know this is old but I just saw it. Very nice! I’m interested in the design. Are you selling it?

Wow! Really nice! Looks store bought.

Yes!!! I just fired up my GF for the very first time today and this was part of the reason I got it! Doll furniture. :smiley: These are exactly what Barbie needs! Nice work.

4 Likes

Hi, and welcome to the community! Congrats on your GF; don’t be afraid to jump in and show us what you’ve made. Lots of questions have answers that can be found using the Search function–it’s amazing the depth of knowledge/experience that has been posted to the forum.

Have fun!

1 Like

These are great! You should consider selling these designs or the finished products. I love the closets/wardrobes!