Domino set

This works for the masking material I use on standard “hardboard” from the big-box hardware stores…

1 Like

This is truly awesome. Waiting on my Glowforge and can’t wait to create. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Welcome @aneal
Crawling over these forums looking at all the cool projects is so inspiring and so fun when waiting for your GF to arrive :smiley:

And then once it arrives, you’ll be wishing you had the time to try all the project ideas you have!

2 Likes

Welcome to the tribe

btw, I tried a few different ways with painting the back and none worked well. I ended up experimenting with using a solid color acrylic layered on the other side and either painting the pips or just cutting them out (which is kind of cool, too, especially tactilely).
I have wood veneer I was going to experiment with and I think that would be really nice still, just haven’t done it yet.

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Me too!

2 Likes

It’s cool as long as you layer something on the other side. (If they are just clear, then you can’t flip them over and mix them up to play lol.)

1 Like

Oh yeah, sticky veneer on the painted side would cover the ghost image of the pips and give the dominoes a lovely double sided look!

4 Likes

Yeah! Good idea! I have a ton of it, too. One of these days, maybe I’ll cut a couple of dominoes and try it out.

4 Likes

Wow thanks for sharing they look great!

3 Likes