Double-sided Frame - Snap Together (duh) :)

Happy Free Design Friday a day early!

Wanted to come up with something easy and nice. I hope you like. 7.5" x 5.75" Opening is 6.5" x 4.5".

The frame is PG Medium Walnut, connectors are PG Medium Basswood ( you can use anything, I just liked the contrast)

When you are putting it together you have to kinda pull up on the connectors where they have the nub so it can slide down. Put a short and a long side together first, then another long side, then put the connectors on the short side (at both ends) and push down onto the rest of the frame.

If you want a solid back just print one of the inside pieces without the center cutout!

Hope you like!
File 1 is the frame, File 2 is the Acrylic

DoubleSidedFrame1.svg.zip (2.1 KB)
DoubleSidedFrame2.svg.zip (922 Bytes)

For Inkscape Users:
DoubleSidedFrame1.pdf (59.8 KB)
DoubleSidedFrame2.pdf (728.2 KB)
Oh and this is for personal use only - not for commercial use.

61 Likes

Nice. I really like the pictures too :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks. I just cut it of an essential oils catalog. LOL

4 Likes

Gorgeous! And fully up to the high standards you have set for previous work. Thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you. Coming from you that is quite a compliment! Not sure a simple frame deserves that much praise. But I will always post things that can be snapped together. After being a woodworker and using glue and nails, it’s fun to create things that don’t require any. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thanks. Usually only bills arrive early.

6 Likes

LMAO. Not if you give them the wrong address :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

As usual, Impressive design chops you have there. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Thank you! It’s just a frame but someone told me I don’t design simple stuff. Challenge accepted. LOL

4 Likes

How do you reign in creativity… :wink:

5 Likes

LMAO…knowing I am working on a bigger project but want to put something up for Free Design Friday. Also, I needed a frame. LOL

6 Likes

Another beautiful project!!

5 Likes

Like it! The contrast is sweet. Just got some walnut in. Thanks for the Friday share ( Friday here now…)

4 Likes

A simple frame for you is not a simple frame for everyone. Thanks again for your generosity. Why doesn’t GF have you on their payroll already?

6 Likes

I didn’t mean to make that sound flippant. I understand that some people have a hard time creating things. I hope by me sharing files it helps someone else not have to think so hard. :slight_smile: I wish I was on the payroll!!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Can’t wait to see how they turn out for you! Thanks for the Inkscape tutorial!

2 Likes

This is so great! Thank you so much for sharing your design. I’m always in the market for a frame…and like you, especially one that doesn’t need to be glued.

3 Likes

I love the wood contrast! Once again another award winning design. You are awesome!

3 Likes

Thank you! Not sure about the award. Lol

2 Likes

This is so awesome! I really hate glue but I’m barely able to get a tabbed box figured out :slight_smile:

2 Likes