Dozens of design files missing from library

Dozens of files are no longer in my library.

I have not been active here since the beginning of the year, health and life issues. Fired up the GF yesterday to get back into the groove, and this morning went to print some cut/score/engrave templates I had used previously, and found they - along with dozens of other files - were missing.

I have the source svg’s, but I don’t have the settings which were painstakingly refined and then applied to the design in the GF app. Designs that were for non PG materials, with reliable settings, all lost. Quite possibly hundreds of hours of work just simply deleted from my library.

By keeping a set of these for every sort of materials you use you can have a good permanent record to refer to that will at least provide the settings for very little use of materials,

Just in case you didn’t see it: did you click on the Show More button at the bottom? They did make a UI design change you may have missed, but didn’t delete anything.

2 Likes

I did. Shows all the freebies, everything of my own is now gone.

1 Like

Oh gosh, I hope they can get them back for you!

1 Like

I have sheets like that. Some of the missing files are calibration files/templates to allow me to create those for new materials - I went to print one on a different material and that’s when I saw it was missing.

I also had files I had been working on with very fine detail that required adjustment of the settings, beyond what the templates had.

Then only the head office can help from here. Well one more weird idea, have you added or exchanged a machine or person, that the cloud thinks you might not be you.

Nope. I live alone, nobody else has access to the machine or my account.

I’m so sorry that your designs aren’t showing up as expected. I’m afraid we’ll need more information to investigate further.

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of your entire design library page?

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.

• Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Send us the screenshot, and we’ll be happy to take a look. If you’d prefer to send it privately, you can email it to us at support@glowforge.com

Sent. Thx for the prompt response.

Not going to help you this go round, but you can also save the settings for favorite resources directly into the app.
I use two color acrylic a lot, and finally got smart and saved the go to parameters. Shown is engrave, but also score and cut saved.
(RED seemed to always have resistance, so it has it’s own special case parameters)

2 Likes

It may also be prudent to keep a GF notebook with settings. I know, I know – pen and paper is “archaic” but it will survive any technological mishaps and provide a sure backup of your settings.

4 Likes

Total agreement! (I keep an Excel spreadsheet for backup, but backup is always a good plan.)

:slightly_smiling_face: Welcome to the forum!

4 Likes

It looks like some of our other community members have offered some good suggestions. Thank you folks!

@eflyguy, thank you for sending the screenshot. I’ve responded to you via email so we can work on this there. I’m going to go ahead and close out this forum thread for now.