Draftboard not cutting all the way through

Thanks, just ordered.

I’m so sorry about your print and the delay in my response.

I’ve extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the issue, and I noticed the material height your Glowforge measured was much higher than the normal height for this material. To look into this, can you check a few things?

1. Please double check to ensure your Draftboard isn’t warped by laying your material on a flat surface (the Crumb Tray can work) and pressing down on different parts of the material. If you’re able to press the material down further in some spots, the material is warped and likely caused the cut through issues. If you haven’t already, you can read more about warp and how to avoid it here.
  2. If your material is completely flat without any warp, please measure your material with a pair of precision calipers (or another precise measuring tool) if you have them, and send me the values you record. Be sure to remove the protective layer on both sides before measuring.

I will try and get to this tonight

@chroni - just checking in. Were you ever able to try the steps @jaz suggested?

Crap. I will do this tonight. Please leave this open. Apologies.

@stephen4 Apologies. I haven’t gotten to the test described above. Close the thread if you need to but… - I intend to still do the tests, but I haven’t been able to get to it. Cutting too much leather… and selling stuff.

I’m seeing the same thing here. (Just ran a print a few minutes ago: 2018-10-22 19:40 UTC or so) It’s very close to cutting through, but it doesn’t cut the backing paper, and there’s a little tearing of the bottom surface of the draftboard. I’ll double check for warping when I run the next cut, but I didn’t notice anything.

Edit: Material is 3.3mm thick after the masking is removed.

A thorough cleaning (including the mirror) and it’s closer, but it’s still not going through the backing, and I still had one rough edge on the back.

You’ll want to open your own thread in Problems and Support for them to address your issue–there’s only one support ticket per thread.

That said, make sure your material is held down flat against the crumb tray; even a tiny bit of warp will affect your cuts that way.

1 Like

That sounds like the best reason for any delay, @chroni ! Thanks for keeping us updated. I’ll go ahead and close this thread now, and if you follow up with us by sending an email to support@glowforge.com when you get the chance to run the tests, just reference this thread so we can pick up where we left off.

@zandr, I’m sorry you’re running into trouble. As @geek2nurse said, we try to keep topics to one issue or report per thread. Could you please start a new thread if you’re still having trouble? Thank you!