Dragon Sculpture

Used the Glowforge to cut all the scales for this dragon sculpture

80 Likes

Oooooo.

What’s the scale on beastie?

3 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

He’s about 4ft tall. The smallest scales were about 1/4inch wide and the biggest scales about 1 inch wide.

4 Likes

Wow. That is so detailed. Amazing.

2 Likes

Welcome @lindsey.schulze! Wow. You jumped right in there with an amazing project. Thanks for joining and posting!

4 Likes

Well that’s incredible! :hushed:

2 Likes

Wow! That is super impressive!!! picks jaw up off the floor lol

3 Likes

Umm, okay, so that is impressive. And four feet tall.

I’m not sure if I should be marveling at the design work, the patience it took or the outcome.

5 Likes

Yes WOW!

2 Likes

Yikes! That’s a fantastic model you’ve made. I wish I had your patience, that must have taken a while to glue all those on.

3 Likes

WOW!!! That’s incredible, well done!

2 Likes

Stunning work. Really nice to see the GF being used as but one tool in a large arsenal to create something huge.

I admire your artistic talents!!

3 Likes

Amazing piece of artwork! It looks fantastic as is; wondering if you are planning on painting it.

4 Likes

Currently, I am not planning on painting it, I think by leaving it cardboard exposed it makes it more interesting ¯_(ツ)_/¯ But I can always paint it later if I want to

5 Likes

Holy expletive. That’s incredible. Have you made similar works preglowforge? How long did this take?

2 Likes

That’s absolutely beautiful!!!

16 Likes

One of my favorite sayings! :smile:

2 Likes

wow! impressive! awesome work!

2 Likes

Previous works I did like this were on a smaller scale that is because I was cutting out each scale by hand so it was way more difficult. The use of the glow forge helped me speed up the process. Each sheet of scales took about 20-30min, as for the project overall it took about 4 months just sporadically working on it when I had time.

6 Likes