Dragonflies of Wisconsin

Amazing!

2 Likes

The panel is 7" x 10 3/8’, and the wingspan averages around 15". They’re badass, like Jurassic Park.

6 Likes

I mixed the epoxy in a regular plastic cup and notched a little fold for pouring onto the wings. I started in the middle and then spread outward to the edges with a small plastic scraper to fill the tiny cells at the outer edge. PRO TIP: I covered the back with wide clear packing tape to keep the epoxy from leaking out of each individual cell. I removed the tape after a couple days of curing. Worked great. Generally the same technique for the bodies although I didn’t want to get colored epoxy on the wood so I used a tiny squeeze bottle for those. As it hardens, the epoxy will shrink down a bit but you definitely don’t want to overfill.

6 Likes

They’re gorgeous!

3 Likes

Very nice and from the looks of it, a lot of work.

2 Likes

I love dragonflies. Those are amazing! They all look lovely, can’t decide on a favorite.

3 Likes

Eastern Amberwing! I love Frank Loyd Wright too! They’re all so beautiful!! So I know you said the cells are filled with the post, but are the wings cut from wood too?

4 Likes

Ah! Neat! Thank you for the detailed explanation.

2 Likes

Yes, medium birch

1 Like

They’re all such beautiful pieces of artwork! The wings look like metal to me with the epoxy technique you used! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Truly lovely! I think the Autumn Meadowhawk is my favorite.

2 Likes

These are my two fav!

2 Likes

Your work is truly beautiful, thank you for sharing

2 Likes

These are fantastic!

2 Likes

I absolutely love this and the attention to accurate detail. This is fantastic!!!

2 Likes

Gosh, what an elegant design! It has such an art nouveau feel.

2 Likes

These are absolutely stunning!!

2 Likes

Holy Mackeral… That is outstanding…beautiful work…

3 Likes

Your dedication led to such a beautiful outcome.

1 Like

I like the blue dasher. What did you use to pin the wings on?