Dragonfly Dreamcatcher

Looks great

12 Likes

Fantastic idea. We all have about a thousand of those sitting around!

10 Likes

Beautiful! I never would have thought about asking for unused cd/dvd disks. I have several of my own that I had planned to break up for mosaic, but haven’t done that yet. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

These sun catcher look great & are a blast making them

16 Likes

Perfect upcycling of CD. Very cool.

9 Likes

Makes me wonder what else old CDs could be used for.

I think someone posted once about trying to laser them and I think the verdict was “don’t”… let me see if I can find that.

Edit: hmm not exactly but this one kind of covers it… they’re a bit too melty to laser much:

8 Likes

Correct. Too melty. The aluminum is not an issue, it’s the plastic they’re embedded in.

We use them as targets at several hundred yards. Very satisfying “explosion”.

8 Likes

Looks great! Is the backside the same design, or solid?

5 Likes

Same design!

5 Likes

Great idea and execution! Beautiful!

6 Likes

Appreciate that!! Thank you! :grinning:

3 Likes

Same design both sides

4 Likes

@hidden_ridge_designs and @rmaker1952 these are beautiful!

7 Likes

What a great idea! I’ve got a stack of CDs I’ll never use, perhaps I could make some colorful anti-deer yard art. (2 CDs shiny-side-out, with acrylic frame should be weather-resistant, yes?)

thanks for the inspiration.

9 Likes

Thank You & so much fun making them.

4 Likes

Fantastic, where can i find a pattern?

If someone wishes to share their design, they usually post it in the free laser designs section (for personal use only) or, if they have an online presence, they will post the link to their shop in their profile. Even though you didn’t ask them for the design directly, just a gentle reminder that it’s against forum rules to do so.

4 Likes

I have made and sold so many of these! People love them!

1 Like

Such a nice pattern and a great reuse.

2 Likes

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MAMGraphicDesign?ref=shop-header-name&listing_id=1244865953

1 Like