Dragonfly Dreamcatcher

These dream catchers made with upcycled unused CDs have been turning out so great!
This one was spoken for almost immediately… I put out a request on the local “Buy Nothing” facebook group in my area and several people gave me stacks of unused cd/dvd discs.

45 Likes

This looks really cool. Are the colors I’m seeing simply light reflecting off the CD?

12 Likes

Nice reuse!

14 Likes

Great idea!
I had a neighbor break them up and rearrange the pieces for a tabletop under resin that is stunning.

14 Likes

Looks great

12 Likes

Fantastic idea. We all have about a thousand of those sitting around!

10 Likes

Beautiful! I never would have thought about asking for unused cd/dvd disks. I have several of my own that I had planned to break up for mosaic, but haven’t done that yet. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

These sun catcher look great & are a blast making them

16 Likes

Perfect upcycling of CD. Very cool.

9 Likes

Makes me wonder what else old CDs could be used for.

I think someone posted once about trying to laser them and I think the verdict was “don’t”… let me see if I can find that.

Edit: hmm not exactly but this one kind of covers it… they’re a bit too melty to laser much:

8 Likes

Correct. Too melty. The aluminum is not an issue, it’s the plastic they’re embedded in.

We use them as targets at several hundred yards. Very satisfying “explosion”.

8 Likes

Looks great! Is the backside the same design, or solid?

5 Likes

Same design!

5 Likes

Great idea and execution! Beautiful!

6 Likes

Appreciate that!! Thank you! :grinning:

3 Likes

Same design both sides

4 Likes

@hidden_ridge_designs and @rmaker1952 these are beautiful!

7 Likes

What a great idea! I’ve got a stack of CDs I’ll never use, perhaps I could make some colorful anti-deer yard art. (2 CDs shiny-side-out, with acrylic frame should be weather-resistant, yes?)

thanks for the inspiration.

9 Likes

Thank You & so much fun making them.

4 Likes

Fantastic, where can i find a pattern?