Dragonfly using Phil's design from cuttle

Cuttle is very cool. I am slowly learning how to use it. Was exploring other designs and found some fun ones by “Phil” which caught my eye because the grandkid loves dinosaurs and Phil has made a bunch of them. This dragonfly is from the same designer. I used the outline tool in the GF UI to add some score lines on the wings and tail.

Seems like @rljacobson might be able to take this to the next level with their wing design.

Assembly is a mild puzzle as Phil’s photo leaves just enough clues.

Fun stuff.

49 Likes

Those turned out really cool. I have some similar but haven’t cut them. Maybe it’s time!! Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

That’s really neat. I think the wings may be on backwards though; I think the long ones go in front and both sets need to be flipped around. The curvier edge should be to the back per what I have seen on dragonflies.

6 Likes

you may be correct. thanks

2 Likes

The first thing that came to mind reading this are those commercials about “Phil” helping people get all those jobs (I had to google it, it’s for ziprecruiter lol)
That Phil sure does a lot! :rofl:

1 Like

Here are the projects Phil has shared on Cuttle,

I like this praying mantis who has defeated another praying mantis…

11 Likes

Phil rocks. My grandson has gotten hours of fun out of his designs.

3 Likes

:joy:

That’s very funny!

2 Likes

FWIW, “Phil” is a friend of mine, Phil Barrett. I’ll point him to this thread, I suspect he’ll get a kick out of it.

2 Likes